cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

What do you mean by reboot? Restart or reset?
Master

Restart, shutdown and turn it back on. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Ok. Did that and nothing happened.
Community Manager

Hey folks, apologies, I have been away a couple of days.

Samsung and Google identified an issue late Friday and made some changes, which is probably why many of you were able able to get RCS to enable.  I have at least one customer offline who is still having issues but I wanted to check in to see where everybody is on THIS problem (I'll go check in on CallingPLUS in a second).  @JPhrost were you able to get it to install?  @REANNALYNNE how are you this morning?

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Still nothing here.
Journeyman

No change...I'm still having the same problem!

Journeyman

Not working for me. @mersh5 you?

Journeyman

Still not working. I have the rcs on, I received the code initially and it said it was active, I even have the group chat option but no one shows up in the list. My husband has an s7 and enhanced messaging IS active in it. It's not showing him as someone I can message with rcs nor does it say chat here.
Journeyman

Mine never gets a code and does not show group chat.

Journeyman

Same here, I ask to receive the code but I never get it.  I made short I had short text codes turned on with Sprint, but nothing.  I have cleared the data on the Messaging app, force stopped it, rebooted, and still nothing.

Community Manager

The latest I have on the situation is that an issue was found and apparently resolved Friday afternoon on the Samsung Android end.  I've worked back with the product team and let them know I definitely still have people who are not resolved.  I'm waiting for a list of triage steps they'd like performed.  Once I get that, it will be imperative that you start at the top of the list and go through each step, even if you've done it before.

I will need that to go back and say 'This population of users has done all the triage steps and are still affected.  Now what?'

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Any update?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat