cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering Leaving Sprint over GSII issues

Journeyman

Considering Leaving Sprint over GSII issues

I have been a Sprint and before that Nextel (prior to the merger) customer for over 12 years. I currently have the GalaxyII and have had trouble with the phone for the past 8 months or so. The GPS does not work, my hot spot never connected, and my calls drop repeatedly, After taking the phone into be serviced repeatedly I finally was offered a refurbished phone. I was told that there is a backorder on this phone because of the poor quality. I have already waited 4 weeks for my replacement, only to be told today that it may be another 4-8 weekes before  actually getting the refurbished model. I have also been told by two seperate Sprint reps that this phone is such poor quality that the replacement will probably be the same issues and the reason for the refurb backorder is because the phone is so inferior. Yet Sprint still offers this phone for new customers which amazes me. I was told today that I can either pay full price for a new phone or pay $200 to get out of my contract. I am thoroughly disgusted with being a long time customer that cannot get a problem resolved. Is anyone else having issues with the GSII?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Considering Leaving Sprint over GSII issues

Yep. I'm now on my fourth S2, my third refurbished model from Sprint. Already I'm having issues keeping the thing from turning off completely whenever it feels like, which is awesome when you use it as an alarm clock. Every issue has been something internal going wrong, or Sprint pushing a bad update OTA.

I spent a week with Sprint Customer Service trying to explain how poor of quality their refurbished models have been, and asking to bump up my upgrade, which is just two months away. If this refurbished model doesn't stop having issues, I'm going to cancel my service completely if they don't let me upgrade without the $175 fee. I was told by two escalation people that they couldn't credit my account the $175, which is a load of garbage.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I Had the same problems with that Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch. I bought a new one at the time when it was advertised as the MUST HAVE phone at the time. The phone was a disaster. I had two refurbished S2 sent to me when all the problems couldn't be fixed, unfortunately the two refurbished phones were junk as well. After my last problems with that phone last Thanksgiving I was allowed to get a different phone. My luck and patience with my replacement phone and with Sprint finally ran out. Last week on Fiday I dumped Sprint with four months left on my contract and signed up with Verizon on an IPhone 5.

Journeyman

I'm still on my first E4GT and I am just now encountering problems, but I'm positive it's because I've customized it to meet my needs and have an outdated version of Jelly Bean on it.

I bought it when it was THE best phone Sprint had... Now, I'm about to leave Sprint because of their terrible service in my area. Their only saving grace is the price I pay monthly. If I could find a plan on a different carrier that was equal or less in price (a major carrier, that is) then I'd be gone in a heartbeat. Although, I've heard they're pushing hard for tower upgrades, so maybe my patience (or inability to afford a different plan on a different carrier) will pay off soon.

EVHKwick, have you tried the spin test with the battery? If you put it on a flat surface and spin it, and it spins like a top, you need a new battery. My phone was turning off all the time and I thought I had a bad update or a software problem, too, but it turned out I had a bloated battery. I ordered a new battery online and it's just fine now. Maybe it's a $10 fix

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat