alL i cAn say is...stay tuned to this Big thread. Smiley Wink

Journeyman

Re: DATE FOR UPDATE S7 OREO??

Journeyman

Tags (1)
Journeyman

My Samsung Galaxy S7 Sprint SM-G930P got Android 8.0 oreo update.Screenshot_20180618-112127.png

Screenshot_20180618-130912_Settings.jpg

Journeyman

Excellent. Just started the download. Ill report back once installed and have had a few days to experience it.
Journeyman

Even though it's been just an hour since the update on my s7 edge I have to say it seems like a marked improvement.  Phone boots up a lot faster, very smooth navigation and I like the feel of the OS.  I did wipe the cache partition after it was installed and running.  I always do this after a major update.  Always had decent battery life and Oreo is suppose to improve it even more.  Time will tell.   Cheers all.

Journeyman

I just got the update too.  How do you wipe the cache partition?  Do you use the OS or an App?

GrandMaster

google is your friend. google how to do a partition/cache wipe on a S7

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

first shut your phone down completely. Then, Hold the power button the up volume button and the home button all the same time. You'll then be put into the boot menu. After the little Android guy falls over just wait a minute and the boot menu will appear. Use the volume button to toggle down to wipe cache partition. Then hit the power button. The cache will then wipe. Takes about a second. Then hit the power button again to reboot the system. Done.

GrandMaster

just pay close attention to which one you are selecting. you can also perform a factory reset in that same area..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Just run the update like any other it will do everything it needs to so good to see more folks getting on Oreo.. 🙂 

Wizard

Whoa! The Oreo update came this morning. Totally unexpected. I really didn't think it was going to happen, really. So this was a pleasant surprise.

How come there's no official post of the S7 Oreo update?  Was this a surprised to the Mods, too?  Haha

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat