cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed texts s8 plus. HELP!!!

Go to solution
Journeyman

Delayed texts s8 plus. HELP!!!

For almost almost 2 months now, I've been receiving my text messages really late. Sometimes even multiple days late. The latest at this point being 5 days! It's happening with both SMS and MMS messages and it's driving me nuts! I was on the phone with tech support for over an hour troubleshooting and they couldn't figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas I can try!? Is anyone else having this problem? My zip code is 07112 if a Sprint moderator needs that. And it happens indoor and outdoor. 

38 REPLIES 38
Wizard

Re: Delayed texts s8 plus. HELP!!!

@marylopes1 Which App are you using for texting?? If your using the Samsung App which the default one make sure that it's totally up to date. You will need to have a Samsung Account once you have that you can check at the "Galaxy Apps" then "Update" and make sure everything there is up to date. If your not using the built in App then which one are you using? 🙂 

Journeyman

I'm using Google messages. It's up to date. I've also cleared the cache, data, uninstalled, and reinstalled.

Wizard

@marylopes1 Ok so which Google Message its seems there is Android Messages and Google Allo as well? 

Journeyman

Android messages by Google
Wizard

Ok yeah I have not really used it much you might go through the setting on the App make sure there is nothing set to delay anything. Also have you tried using the default Samsung App just to see if it acts the same way just a suggestion.. 🙂 

Wizard

You might check your Main Settings on the device as well so if you go to Settings then Apps then to the right you will see the 3 dots click that then got to Special Access.  Once your in Special Access go to Optimize Battery Usage. You might make sure that None of your Messaging Apps have this turned on I don't have any of mine listed there just a thought.. 🙂 

Wizard

Another thing to check for is while in Settings go to Notifications scroll down to the Messages App that your using or both the default as well and make sure that  Allow Notifications is set as well.

GrandMaster

are you around any other Sprint phones and if so are they having the same issues or just your phone? if you send a text to yourself and then a pic to yourself are they delayed or do they come right through? and have you noticed if this only happens with certain contacts or it happens with everyone? and last but probably not least..does this mainly happen at one location (home, work etc)? oh and are you by chance running anything like Google Voice or hangouts that also handles your calls and texts?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

This is a samsung issue with sprint for Galaxy S6-8 devices. Apparently our  incoming sms messages are sitting in a message log sometimes we will get them hours or days later but in most cases we won't get them AT ALL EVER.  This will not be fixed until samsung pushes out a new update which I don't think will be happening anytime soon so am leaving sprint and samsung after 15 years.  I have missed CRITICAL text messages from people over the last few weeks. This is unacceptable. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello KKCC, we wouldn't want to see you go and do business elsewhere. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

@Sprint_Jeffrey wrote:

Hello KKCC, we wouldn't want to see you go and do business elsewhere. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

We are having the same problem with one of our phones.   What is the resolution?      

Thanks!!!

-Tom

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat