Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed texts s8 plus. HELP!!!

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Delayed texts s8 plus. HELP!!!

Good afternoon

I've had the same problem with texts - I followed the instructions to reset carrier SCRTN and also optimize apps turn off etc .
Sprint Social Care

michaelcassidy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If the instructions provided haven't worked, I recommend to wait until we have a response from Samsung since they are currently aware of the situation.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Community Manager

**This post is being marked as the Accepted Solution because it contains the most up to date information we have.   Please continue to provide us with updates about your experience and if you continue to have delayed messaging**

Samsung is in the process of releasing a software update that should help with this issue. You may begin receiving update notifications.  If you do, please accept and let us know if the issue has improved. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Is there any update on when Samsung is going to push the software update?

Community Manager

We sent an update to the S8 the week of 11/20/17 that should have helped to mitigate this issue.  If you're still affected you might also want to take a look at this blog article by one of our Product Ambassadors that helped as well: RCS Fix Blog

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Thanks! A few minutes after posting that my messages started working.

Journeyman

I can confirm that the updated software did NOT fix the issue, I received an MMS message this morning at 2:40 am which was 12 hrs after it was originally sent, and just as before the phone tagged it with the time of 2:40 pm.

-TL

Wizard

First make sure all of the messaging apps are update through Google Play as well as the Samsung Apps through the Galaxy App Store.  Then always power cycle the device as well to see if that will clear things up. 🙂 

Journeyman

I just want to chime in and say I have the exact problem as others in this thread, but I am on a Pixel XL, not a Samsung. The only thing I could do was factory reset the phone. I got all the texts I missed right when my phone booted up, but the problem returned. I got a big bunch of missed texts at once at 2 AM last night from 3 separate people.

Journeyman

We've been having the same problem.  At times the delayed (or never received) text, have caused arguments, finger pointing and screaming.  Not really bad, but at times has caused a few problems.  I've been with Sprint for more years than I can remember.  Over 20 for sure.  I'm on my third or fourth Samsung phone.  I'll be going to Verizon and try another brand of phone as soon as contract ends.  I love Sprint and have been defending them for years to my friends, but can't live with second class service when there are other options out there. 

Journeyman

I switched from Verizon to Sprint and was having the same problem on Verizon on a Galaxy S8. Changing carriers and devices didn't stop the problem. The only fix was updating the software. 

Journeyman

thanks for that info.  might have to go to the dark side...iphones Smiley Sad

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat