cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed texts s8 plus. HELP!!!

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Delayed texts s8 plus. HELP!!!

I have been having the same issue as well for almost a month. What is the fix? I deleted all my conversations and that worked for a few days. But now, I'm getting texts from days ago or not at all. And sometimes right on time. I've been on chats and on the phone with Sprint - combined time several hours. Still not working. What is the fix? 

Journeyman

A new phone is the only fix since Samsung is not pushing out an update. complain complain complain till sprint sends you a new phone that is what I did a month ago. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello LREIDYPUCKETT57! What troubleshooting steps have you done? Please post you closest cross streets and ZIP code as well.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

while on chat with sprint, made sure optimization wasn't on for messaging apps, they tried pushing latest versions of software, etc. finally chat gave up and told me to go to sprint store. i called tech support a few days later, did reset with code technician gave me to reset network conns, etc.

there are 3 lines on our account. S8 (me), S7 and iphone 6. the s8 is the only one with the issue.

zip code is 30345, cross streets McCully Dr and Serpentine Dr. 

Community Manager

**This post has been marked as the Accepted Solution because it contains the most up to date information we have.  I acknowledge that the issue is not yet truly resolved but this marking helps others find the information more quickly.  When the issue is fixed, we will update the thread and the marking.  **

We apologize for the confusion in this thread.  The issue with delayed text messages on Galaxy S6, S7 and S8 devices is part of a known issue being worked by Samsung.  A fix will be likely be released in an upcoming software update.  We do not have an ETA on when that fix will be pushed.

For now, you may try some of these workarounds to alleviate some of the problem:

• Disabled Auto-Combine in messaging settings
  • Exclude your messaging apps from the battery saver function on your phone. At present, the battery saver feature only checks for new messages to send or retrieve every 12 hours.  Once messaging (or Android messages or Samsung messaging, whichever you're using) has been removed from the battery saver feature, it can take up to 12 hours for text to start being delivered normally.

Please see Samsung's forum discussion here for more information about this issue.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Same issue for me.  Some texts I send/receive never get where they are going.  I've had multiple ticked off customers ask me why I have not replied.  This is a joke and just started w/ my S8+.  I've updated all SW, updated profile and PRL w/o any luck.

Dave

Sprint Social Care

Hello Dave! Thank you for posting. We would like to take a closer look into your line. Please reply to the private message I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Frustrated as hell with the delayed texts.  In my case it appears to affect primarily (only?) MMS messages.  What makes it even worse is the messages appear to be delayed exactly 12 hours which means a message I was supposed to receive at 3pm comes in at 3am and considering I need to keep the phone nearby in the event work contacts me I hear the message indicator go off unnecessarily at 3am.

Sprint YOU have pull with Samsung, if it is truly a known bug with the Samsung software YOU need to flex whatever little muscles you have left and get Samsung to release a fix to you and Sprint has an obligation to fast track it through whatever meager QA process you claim to do and push it out ASAP.

Since as you state this is a known Samsung issue, what is the bug/tracking ID used by Sprint and the one used by Samsung?

-TL

GrandMaster

they can flex all they want..but until Samsung figures out what the cause is and comes out with a fix that doesnt bork up other things all Sprint can do is prance around flexing....rushing a update doesnt always end well..
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
they can flex all they want..but until Samsung figures out what the cause is and comes out with a fix that doesnt bork up other things all Sprint can do is prance around flexing....rushing a update doesnt always end well..

even if they don't know what the cause is they will have a bugID in their system and Sprint would also have some sort of reference to the problem.  What I'm asking for is what is that problem ID so it can be referenced.

Community Manager

@Time_Lord, we appreciate your desire to have a "problem ID" to reference, but it doesn't really work that way. As soon as we have information that can be shared publically we will share it, I believe you are subscribed to this post about the issue, so when we have something that is where we will post it.

Also, you might try some of the other suggested solutions, like checking your Power Saving apps, not all Samsung phones have the same issues.

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Journeyman

@A11ey wrote:

Also, you might try some of the other suggested solutions, like checking your Power Saving apps, not all Samsung phones have the same issues.

I've checked the power saving settings, the messaging app doesn't show up anywhere within the settings.  So unless I'm missing something in the power saving area that suggestion doesn't do anything.

So if I call into support the rep that I talk to is going to be aware of the problem and not going to try having me reboot my phone 15 times and then ask me to reset the back to factory default right?

I've worked both for and with software companies and every one of them keeps a list of all known bugs/issues and assigns a ID to it, yes some are kept internally, usually when the bug is found in house, however when a bug is major and/or found externally they will assign a public ID to it.

how do I know Samsung has acknowledged that this is a known problem vs Sprint having no clue as to what is wrong and blaming the handset manufacturer while not doing anything to alert the manufacturer?

-TL

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat