cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone LIKE their Samsung Rant?

Does anyone LIKE their Samsung Rant?

I have had my Rant since March 2009. so far its has works perfectly. it did freeze a little bit in the beginning but it worked it self out. I'm a Premier member so i could get a new phone now, but i'm not because it still works great. From youtube videos, sprint tv and even taking pictures. Even my mother has one in the same color (purple) I know the reviews had been bad, but I never had ant problems at all.

Tags (2)
16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: Does anyone LIKE their Samsung Rant?

Yeah I hear ya. I like my Rant. I too had problems in the beginning. I've had mine for 2 years, whenever I've had any problems w/my phone my husband would say, maybe you should have gotten one that works and not just because you liked the color (PURPLE) yeah baby! I'm due, over due for an upgrade. I'm not sure maybe I want the same one, cost wise its the best, right. The screen could be a lil bigger and the keyboard could be a lil wider. Other that that its a good deal. My advice, dont drop it in the toilet, that kinda messes it up. Anyways thats my opinion, right. I like it! Thanx 4 listening 2 my Rants, Bye .  TINA

I have the purple one too. Since noboady replied, I thought I was the pnly one.  I'm I don't plan on changing anytime soon. Thanks for replying.

Journeyman

i've had mine for a little over a year and had to get 4 new phones and my phone is messing up again today. i have the purple on and it's cute but it's a paperweight.

Journeyman

I like my Rant. I haven't had any problems that weren't caused by my own ignorance. And I love that it's purple. My only complaint is the short battery life. My last phone was a Sanyo, I think, and the battery lasted for forever, it seemed.

Message was edited by: jacquie1951

Highlighted
Journeyman

I love the Rant...haven't had a single problem! ...well I butt dial sometimes...the keypad lock feature is lacking.

I actually text more than I make calls now, but texting to Facebook & Twitter is a hassle. I might be wasting time writing-out Twitter names when I send replies...I noticed names are high-lighted in yellow when I scroll through messages; makes me wonder if I'm overlooking a short-cut, here.

If I were to upgrade today, I would probably pick the Seek

Journeyman

I loved my Rant, but once I realized that I had the option to upgrade I did.  I've wanted an Epic since I first saw them, so when I found out I could get New Customer pricing on one, I jumped at the chance.  I'm glad I did, too.  I don't know what I'll do with my poor ole Rant though... she served me well for that year and a half that I had her.

The only oddity I had with it was the strange and random power-down it would do occasionally.  Usually it was when I was opening or closing the sliding keypad.  Otherwise, it gave me no trouble.

Still have my Rant. But now the YouTube videos are in slow motion. Do anybody have sugeestions?

Journeyman

I really like my purple rant. I have had it for about a year and I had perhaps 2 or 3 issues of it turning off, once it didn't want to turn back on, but I took the battery out - put it back in, it worked fine & all my info was still in it, I don't have a sd card for it, so I was nervous about loosing my contacts and pics. I might upgrade in April, but not sure what I should get next. Think I'll keep my rant incase my next phone has issues.

Journeyman

I have had my phone for a little over a year, and i have had nothing but problems. my phone is at the point where it will not charge, and i have a brandnew phone battery and charger. i don't like  this phone and will get rid of it the first chance i get.

Message was edited by: huvera

Journeyman

i had that same issue with the charging. You have to take it in and then they will say you need a new charger and battery but then confirm that it does not charge with their charger and have you come back in a few days for a new one. then when transferring your contacts for you they say "your phone does not have enough battery charge for me to transfer them". and then you just stare because obviously it does not have enough battery charge if you have not been able to charge your phone. (they were able to transfer them in the end, but it was just an annoying process altogether).

Journeyman

so basically alot of trouble for a phone

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat