Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone LIKE their Samsung Rant?

Highlighted

Does anyone LIKE their Samsung Rant?

I have had my Rant since March 2009. so far its has works perfectly. it did freeze a little bit in the beginning but it worked it self out. I'm a Premier member so i could get a new phone now, but i'm not because it still works great. From youtube videos, sprint tv and even taking pictures. Even my mother has one in the same color (purple) I know the reviews had been bad, but I never had ant problems at all.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had my samsung rant since it came out pretty much. i have been thru 4 phones now the first one got a virus, the 2nd one the slider piece was loose and the phone would shut its self off, the 3rd one the screen cracked on which by default was kinda my fault for that one and my 4th one now the charger piece in the phone broke out of the phone. So now i have no way to charge my phone because the piece in the phone itself is no longer there....i love my rant its a great phone but i wish i didnt have so many issues with it and everytime one breaks they make me pay $50 out of pocket for it i have insurance so i dont understand why i should have to pay extra to get a new phone when 3 out of the 4 times it broke was not my fault. Other then that i do love my phone its great

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with you. I have the black one and my daughter has the purple, since we got the phones on April 2009 we've had to replace both phones...so I'm on my second phone and my daughter is on her third, the plug-in falls apart or it froze for a whole day etc....Worst phone I've ever had. Hate the so call refurbished phones there not any better. I've had all three colors..The money I wasted on EQUIPMENT INSURANCE DEDUCTIBLE..could of gotten me a better phone...urghhhh

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had my Rant for almost 2 years and within the last 2 months, I have replaced it twice because the charge port has gone bad. Well on the new one I just got a little over a month ago, the phone stopped charging over the past 2 days.  This so frustrating because there is no rhyme or reason for it.  One day you plug up the charger and the phone doesn't respond.  I like the Rant, but after this, I am so ready to try something different.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I like my Rant so much I ordered another backup off of ebay! I love that it's not a touch screen and of course I love the Qwerty keyboard. The volume is great for me to hear, as I have a hearing loss and wear hearing aids. I've been told these kind of phones will be phased out to all touch screens but nooooo, please don't cuz I LOVE my Rant! I am way overdue for an upgrade but I never find anything worth replacing the Rant with!  I'm with ya on this one.

Highlighted

Well, I made it into the smartphone world and now have a Samsung Replenish, but have my Rant as a backup.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat