ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encrypted S4 and lock screen lag

Journeyman

Encrypted S4 and lock screen lag

I recently had to encrypt my S4 and now the lockscreen has terrible lag.  The clock does not always show up or reflect the correct time when I turn it on.  Please help!  I have tried all the tricks to reduce lag and none seem to help with this one.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Encrypted S4 and lock screen lag

DJ7TONY,

I just want to make sure I understand what is going on. Did you add the lock screen to the your S4? You have had lots of lag since doing that? Is there any consistency to what the clock shows? (example: an hour ahead or behind each time) Do you have the S4 with Spark? Have you tried turning the phone off, leaving it off for a minute and then turning it back on? If so did that improve it any? The answers to these questions will help me troubleshoot it. Thanks for reaching out to us.

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I ended up resetting my phone to get rid of the encryption.  BUT I need to ask another question.  I Today I just found out that there is a s4 that has triband/spark which you mentioned too.  How do I know if I have the one with triband/spark?  I would LOVE the option of being able to use wifi calling cos I cannot maintain any sort of service in my home and I cannot use the airave because of where my modem is in my home.  If I don't have the triband/spark version can I exchange my s4 for one that does?

thanks!

Master

DJ7TONY:

Great question!

Under About Phone check the model number. If it 720, it is not the Spark model. If it is 720T it is the spark model.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat