cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4G Touch bricked

Highlighted
Journeyman

Epic 4G Touch bricked

I'm not sure what software updates have been pushed recently--I never received a prompt to download any new Android updates. However, over the last day and a half, I have had to perform 3 factory resets. This was just to get my phone to start. While I'm changing settings, the phone will freeze, force itself off, and restart. When it gets to the "4G" screen in the startup loop, the screen gets bright, the phone vibrates (like a keypress vibrate), and then nothing happens. Repeat, ad infinitum, until the battery is pulled. I then have to go into the "safe start up" or whatever (volume up + home + power). I have tried a cache wipe, rebooting the phone through there, and regular rebooting to no avail. There are no system restoration options as there should be (do I have to manually add these? How do I do this?) in the Android safe mode menu, and in order to just get the phone to POWER ON, I have had to do a factory reset--lose all contacts, data, messages, and anything else that is not backed up somehow. I'm very unpleasantly surprised with this, and I am also very irritated that Sprint has not contacted users to warn them of this issue. I know I am not the first, nor will I be the last. I got this phone less than 6 months ago. It should NOT be bricking once a day. I do have an appointment set up to go to the Sprint store near my house later today, but this is an inconvenience that I should not be experiencing as a paying customer.

Not happy, Sprint. Not happy.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Victor,

I've noticed that when I get within a mile of the airport, my signal drops out almost entirely. SMS isn't a problem, but nearly everything else is. As soon as I get close to a different tower, everything works somewhat normally, but I've noticed with this phone that I almost never have full bars until I walk into a Sprint store (which shouldn't have anything to do with it, I just find it ironic). My house is stucco, so I know that I'm going to have issues there, but I sit right by a window and am fairly high up at work--shouldn't be having any trouble.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat