cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix an issue when your Samsung Rant may not proceed past the Loading screen when it is turned on

Journeyman

Fix an issue when your Samsung Rant may not proceed past the Loading screen when it is turned on

Okay... so I have a Samsung Rant that appears to be in this state... (hangs on/after the Loading screen).

I have called the tech support line and was told to take the phone to a repair store.

I took the phone to a repair store and was told the phone is not fixable.

Who do I 'Contact' to investigate that either the phone is foobar or to tell me how to unlock the phone so I may take it to a repair (tech?) center and have the One Click upgrade installed?

I am fairly sure that the appropriate upgrade is not installed because the phone's network connectivity was shut off months ago... to keep it from surfing the web in my pocket after I had (thought I had) locked the phone.

MV

P.S.  The phone was apparently operating nominally 'two nights ago' when I put it on the charger and I awoke to it being in this state.  I can't say that (in other issue reports) that the "bluetooth reconnect" dialog box was not up all night and that someone might have tried to call through it.  MV

Message was edited by: jmvariot

P.P.S.  The original message thread I was trying to reference was:

quoteth:

Last updated: Sep 26, 2009

You may experience the following issue with your Samsung Rant".

You may experience a condition where your Rant is unable to progress past the Loading... screen when the phone is turned on. This is an issue with Sprint One Click.

To prevent this issue, you must accept the One Click application update pushed to your phone. To accept the update, simply select Yes on the update screen and follow the prompts.

If you didn't accept the One Click application update when notified of its availability and if your device is currently stuck on the Loading... screen when you turn it on, there's no way to clear this screen. You will need to take the phone to a Sprint repair center or contact us.

Note: At any time, you can check that you have the latest software version for your phone. For instructions on how to check your software version and update your phone software, refer to Check for Updates.

/quoteth:

Sadly that message did not show any message or thread indication I could reference.  MV

Message was edited by: jmvariot

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat