cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S II frozen on main screen

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S II frozen on main screen

While reading a Google E Book last night the page froze.... after several minutes I removed the battery, let it sit for a couple of minutes and put the battery back in. Power up and the "Samsung Galaxy SII" page comes up... that is it. It doesn't make any noise, it doesn't go away it just stays up, you can't power off. I removed the battery again, waited and put it back in. I plugged it in and the charging 'battery icon" comes up. Waited till it said 100% and tried again. Same problem. Repeated this procedure several more times, using different chargers but get the same result.

I will go by the Sprint store later but was curious if there might be another option for me to try.

Thank you for your assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

marknga,

That is very strange. I would certainly say that your best bet is heading into a Service and Repair store as you have already planned. This will allow the techs to physically diagnose the phone and determine the best course of action to move forward with. Would you mind letting me know what they determine? I am curious.

*Ben
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Went by the store and was told that "the software had been corrupted" and my only choice was to reset it.

Man what a painful lesson... got to back up your stuff. Thought google+ and my subscription to Carbonite would have saved photo's but none this year.

haven't reset it... guess I am hoping for a miracle.

Highlighted
Master

Do you have an SD card in it?  If so, it might just be a problem with the card.  You could try ejecting the card and rebooting the phone. - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat