cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy SII randomly goes on/off, then unresponsive

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy SII randomly goes on/off, then unresponsive

Started Saturday 2/23/2013 the home screen randomly comes on/goes off, messaging appears, unit turns itself off then back on. Sometimes the power button is unresponsive, sometimes the power button reacts in a delayed manner. I tried taking the battery out and rebooting, to no avail. I let the battery run completely dead then fully charged it before turning the unit back on, no change. I came online and "chatted" with a Sprint Service rep, their advice was to take it to a local repair center.

I've been a Sprint customer for 10 years.

Phone was purchased October 2011

SPH-D710

Android version: 4.04.04

Build # IMM76I.fL24

Hardware version: D710.10

It appears from scanning these forums that there are several Sprint customers experiencing this or at least similar problems with the Galaxy S II.

My wife has a S II also and since the last update her problem has been extremely short battery life.

Guess I will venture to the local Sprint Store... yay... the last two visits weren't that great.

Mark

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy SII randomly goes on/off, then unresponsive

2/28/2013 4:30 pm EST

This morning my phone returned to normal, not sure if there was an update pushed thru or what? But so far I have experienced none of the above problems that plagued me for 5 days. Hope there are no more.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat