cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy SII randomly goes on/off, then unresponsive

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy SII randomly goes on/off, then unresponsive

Started Saturday 2/23/2013 the home screen randomly comes on/goes off, messaging appears, unit turns itself off then back on. Sometimes the power button is unresponsive, sometimes the power button reacts in a delayed manner. I tried taking the battery out and rebooting, to no avail. I let the battery run completely dead then fully charged it before turning the unit back on, no change. I came online and "chatted" with a Sprint Service rep, their advice was to take it to a local repair center.

I've been a Sprint customer for 10 years.

Phone was purchased October 2011

SPH-D710

Android version: 4.04.04

Build # IMM76I.fL24

Hardware version: D710.10

It appears from scanning these forums that there are several Sprint customers experiencing this or at least similar problems with the Galaxy S II.

My wife has a S II also and since the last update her problem has been extremely short battery life.

Guess I will venture to the local Sprint Store... yay... the last two visits weren't that great.

Mark

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

2/28/2013 4:30 pm EST

This morning my phone returned to normal, not sure if there was an update pushed thru or what? But so far I have experienced none of the above problems that plagued me for 5 days. Hope there are no more.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat