Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s6 unlock process taking 7 days and counting

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy s6 unlock process taking 7 days and counting

03/29-requested my phone to be unlocked ticket
03/30-received an email saying that Sprint couldn't unlock my device because it was active with another provider
03/31-placed a request with the other provider to suspend my activation, due to problems with Sprint (The new provider couldn't understand why Sprint couldn't unlock the phone even though the account was active with them, the device had nothing to do with the account yet)
04/02-placed a new ticket with Sprint to unlock my device SD
04/04-contacted Sprint to follow up and was told after providing them with my IMEI number that the ticket SD was not processed because the request was for a different device.  I never had any other device active on with Sprint.  A new ticket was created 201834785 and therefore a new 24-72 hours of waiting period for their back office to work on the ticket had restarted
04/05-contacted Sprint via Chat to follow up and request immediately solution, but for some reason unbeknownst to me the supervisor, decided to create a new ticket number , I did ask the supervisor to NOT create a new ticket because then a new 24-72 hours would restart.  Sure enough when I called customer service, they told me that I needed to wait for a communication via email within 24-72 hours, I explained that this was the fourth ticket created, I was without service for 6 days and still had no solution to have my phone unlocked.  I was guaranteed via chat by an agent that her supervisor contacted their back office and the problem was going to be resolved yesterday and I should receive an email within a few hours.
04/06-I didn't receive an email, my phone is still locked.  I need my phone unlocked!

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care

Re: Galaxy s6 unlock process taking 7 days and counting

vlukshides,

Hey! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Let's see what can be done to have your device unlocked. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I just contacted customer service and was told that my device has been unlocked as of a few hours ago.  I am not sure as if this is true yet, since the new provider SIM card is still showing as invalid.  My new provider reactivated my account.  How can I check if my phone is really unlocked by Sprint?  My unlock confirmation number .

Sprint Social Care

To confirm if your device is unlocked you simply insert the other carriers SIM and the device should work. Remember that Unlocking a device simply means overriding operational parameters restricting the device to operating on Sprint's network. Even if unlocked, Sprint devices may not work on another carrier's network. Whether an unlocked Sprint device can be used on another carrier's network is subject to that carrier's policies and network compatibilities. Additionally, Sprint devices, which the owner has attempted to reprogram or activate on another carrier's network or otherwise altered from its initial programming or settings, may not be able to be reactivated on the Sprint network.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Juan,

I guess, "appears unlocked" is not a certainty that the device IMEI 990006976336734 / 01 is actually unlocked.  Thank you for being the sixth person today who told me that my phone was unlocked.  Just find out after hours of dealing with my new provider trying to identify why my device wasn't working with them, and the T-Mobile agent decided to contact Sprint and we found out that my device is actually locked.  Now, the information that my phone was unlocked came to me at 2:17pm via Chat, I called Sprint twice just to confirm that my phone was unlocked and the answer was yes.  I went to the T-Mobile store at around 3:30pm, we tried to have my phone working with them until 5pm, mean while I called Sprint twice to confirm that my phone was unlocked (in front of the sales representative using their land line), and the agents at Sprint confirmed that the phone was unlocked, please mind you that I have always provided them the IMEI number in question.  Then after the T-Mobile technical support team tried every avenue available to have my phone connected/active with them, the technician decided to contact Sprint and we found that my device was LOCKED.  I can't believe how screwed this situation has been on the Sprint end!!!  While on the phone with Sprint now at 7:45pm-8-20pm the supervisor called Victor, supposedly escalated my ticket through the interaction number I1382623929, requesting urgency to resolve my problem.  

My number is currently with T-Mobile, however I can't use my device with them.  Please note that the device needs to be unlock, if I deactivate my number with T-Mobile I will lose my number!  I can't have that happening, if you need to bring back my number to Sprint to then unlock my device act as per your discretion and need.  I need my device unlocked and no one else can to that!  As far as I understand is my right to have my device unlocked.  This needs to be done urgently!  I can't be this long without a phone.  I am missing important calls from prospect future employers and/or recruiters.

Also you have mentioned that there is another device under my account that is in the process of being unlocked, it would be great to know what device you are referring to, since I have NEVER had any other device under my account.....  Please let me know what are you talking about.

PS: I just saw an email from Sprint at 5:41pm (KMM170613267V46024L0KM), saying: Your device with phone number  is ineligible to be unlocked because the phone is active on another carrier's network. Call *2 for help.  

The *2 on my phone doesn't work since I have no mobile service!!!  I need my device unlocked today!!!!

Journeyman

Now, it is the 9th day with my phone still.
Got a screenshot of my device where it shows: "unlock capable: yes", but my phone is still locked... I really wish I could go somewhere in person and have this resolved... obviously people are dropping the ball, and I am the clown getting impacted.
Sprint Social Care

Hey @vluk, I've sent you a private message requesting some information to know more details about this. Please feel free to review your inbox at your earliest convenience.

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi everyone, I was just told that a new ticket was created... I should allow 2 business days to process. Unbelievable!! I have been hearing this for 9 days and I am sure that the answer I will receive is that my phone won't be able to be unlocked because it is active with another carrier... Is anyone UNDERSTANDING, that this situation is going on a loop???? I don't have another device and can not spend money to get a cheap one neither while you people go on and on with your incompetent to resolve this issue.

MY PHONE NUMBER IS ACTIVE WITH T-MOBILE, I WAS TOLD THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT FOR ME, BRING BACK MY PHONE TO YOU, THEN UNLOCK MY SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 DEVICE. THEN, THEY WILL BRING MY NUMBER BACK TO THEIR SYSTEM.
If this information is correct or not that is what I was told from the T-Mobile technical service department.
Sprint has the capability to do all of it according to a Best Buy Geek Squad, also and AT&T agent. I have been going all over the place trying to get information on how you should do your job. Also the YOUBREAKIFIX people wanted to charge me $80 to unlock my device. According to them they have a Samsung software that allowed them to do it. Which I don't think it is true, because according to the technician it would take from 2-3 days, without guarantee that would work. So here I am, considering paying money to have something done, because you can't process this request. Since the technician said that it wasn't guaranteed I decided not to do it.
PLEASE PROCESS THE NEW TICKET SD5053705 IMMEDIATELY.
Journeyman

After 9 days of wait 7 tickets, my phone was unlocked and it is operable with T-Mobile.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat