cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc

I have a Samsung Galaxie SII 4G phone and am having problems with calls not ringing, and they end up going to VM, or a missed call.  Also some calls I make I get a busy signal when the other phone is in the same room.  This first started happening a couple weeks ago with the busy signals, now it's the incoming calls are not heard.  I hear nothing until I get a notification that I have a missed call, and my phone is sitting in front of me.  I tried deactivating GV and everything related off my phone and my PC, signed out of Google Chrome as well, then reactivated with no change.  Is this a temp problem that is getting fixed?  I now have deactivated it for the time being because I can"t be missing calls in my business I have. It's very important to answer all calls if possible.  I really miss having it.  Somebody please fix this bug.  I don't know if it's a Sprint issue or a Google Voice issue. 

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Wizard

KINGSCHARM994,

Well, that certainly sounds frustrating.  I would check to see if "Do Not Disturb" mode is on.  Here is a link to instructions for checking Do Not Disturb mode on the mobile web, on your device, or even on the computer.  If this is unable to resolve your issue, I would also check your spam filter.  I know at one point in time, I was deleting my call history, and accidentally ended up spamming my husband and my best friend.  So whenever they called me, all of their calls were sent directly to voicemail.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for replying,  but I did go through all those steps,  and no luck.   It seems they would have to call a bunch of times and then once in awhile it will ring.   So it's very random,  same with me getting busy signals when calling out.   It seems it only happens to certain phones and not all Sprint phones.   My sister has the same phone,  but is having problems with getting busy signals only.   Could a replacement phone make a difference? 

Highlighted
Wizard

Can I ask...did you integrate your number or are your calls just being forwarded?

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I did have it integrated.

Highlighted
Wizard

Did you use your Google voice number as your Sprint number or the other way around?

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

I used my sprint number

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also having the same problem as the person mentioned above and it all started about 2 weeks ago.  I thought it was the phone so i switched from an EVO 3d to the Galaxy siii and its still doing it.  Very frustrating.

Highlighted
Wizard

KINGSCHARM994,

Based on the above symptoms the issue appears to be with Google Voice itself.  Have you attempted to contact their help center? 

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried to find a contact number, but I read somewhere there isn't anyway to contact them.  Maybe that's wrong?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just to add to this:

Both my wife and I are experiencing similar issues.  I still have both my Google Voice number and my Sprint number.  It doesn't matter which number is called - many of my incoming calls go straight to voicemail.

My wife uses her Sprint # with GV.  She is experiencing the same issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problems

Things to note:

Seems to be worse when calling sprint numbers (I haven't tried other mobile numbers)

Land lines seem to work everytime

Calling a users Google Voice number works everytime.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat