cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc

I have a Samsung Galaxie SII 4G phone and am having problems with calls not ringing, and they end up going to VM, or a missed call.  Also some calls I make I get a busy signal when the other phone is in the same room.  This first started happening a couple weeks ago with the busy signals, now it's the incoming calls are not heard.  I hear nothing until I get a notification that I have a missed call, and my phone is sitting in front of me.  I tried deactivating GV and everything related off my phone and my PC, signed out of Google Chrome as well, then reactivated with no change.  Is this a temp problem that is getting fixed?  I now have deactivated it for the time being because I can"t be missing calls in my business I have. It's very important to answer all calls if possible.  I really miss having it.  Somebody please fix this bug.  I don't know if it's a Sprint issue or a Google Voice issue. 

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought I would chime in as I talked to a service rep in the store today.  Quick background - I had the Samsung Epic 4g (not touch).  I recently switched to the Note 2.  With both phones I had the issue starting towards the end of October (Epic) and beginning of November (Note 2) where sporadically when making a call, I would get a quick ring and a busy signal or sometimes a straight busy signal.  I was also not receiving calls - some calls yes, some no.  Since it happened on both phones, it leads me to belive it is more of a phone number issue than a phone hardware issue.

For those that have suggested the Google Voice app is the issue, I don't believe that to be the case.  According to those I've talked to, it happens to people that have made their Sprint number, their Google Voice number.  In order to remedy this, you actually have to deactivate your Sprint phone number from Google Voice on the web.  You should be able to find how to do this at this website: https://www.google.com/voice

Just do this until you see people posting that google has fixed the issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We're having the same issue with Google voice--it's not ringing through. Been fighting with it for a month. Why isn't Sprint addressing this widespread problem???

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too have been having issues with missing text messages and voice announced calls that I didn't set up. I was on the phone with tech support when I found your post. THANK YOU.  I follwed the link to Google and there was the solution. I told tech support about it.  Google voice had all my missing messages and an unchecked box saying "receive text messages on this phone". SOLVED the problem.  THANKS.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat