Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice

Journeyman

Google Voice

I'm looking to use Google Voice for voicemail and to dial out with. It says I need a port in my number and what I'm wondering is will this cancel my plan like switching to a different carrier?

Does anybody have an answer for me?
3 REPLIES 3
Master

prestonmiller91, If you port out your Sprint phone number to Google this will cancel your Sprint subscription for that number and there may be associated termination and cancellation fees as well as porting charges from Google.

For more information on the Sprint and Google Voice service please visit @ http://sprint.co/1Ov1ejx

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.

I actually used the same number for sprint and google in the past however it gets to be a pain... using google apps you cannot send text messages and picture messages easily. i'd recommend getting a different google voice number than your sprint number. if you still want your google number you can go to your google account online and go to settings then voice and merge your sprint and google voice numbers. you will need to re-set up your voicemail as well.

Google and Sprint has an agreement for Sprint users to just make their cell phone number their Google Voice number.

I found out today that there are issues with WiFi calling and Voicemail when trying to port the Sprint number to the Google Voice (GV) account.  I had to call Sprint to disable the Voicemail, then go to the Google Voice site to enable call forwarding/associate the Sprint number to GV before being able to receive voice messages via GV.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat