cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! ISSUES WITH SAMSUNG INTERCEPT VERY UNHAPPY

Journeyman

So I have been a sprint customer for over 10yr I pay on time never any issues till now and i get treated like a step child...I buy this crap phone Samsung intercept.  NOW i am on my 3rd replacement in less than a year.  In no fault of my own it freezes...touch screen stops working....shuts off randomly...at times when i try to charge it up it says battery too hot or cold... a bunch of bull.  They do a hard reset....."everything should be fine ma'am"...same mess keeps happening!!!! I ask sprint please give me another phone not a new intercept... i dont think i should have to keep getting new intercepts when it clear that they are garbage.  Im not asking for a high price EVO or nothing like that....i just want a working phone.  why should a good paying customer have to put up with buggy piece of crap phone???? My new contract period isnt till NEXT october...is it my fault sprint sold me a buggy phone????....why should i honor our agreement?????  i talked to a lady with sprint last night supposedly a supervisor and she lied to me...she told me to go to my local sprint store and ask for a supervisor and tell them i needed a well exchange....I talked to the local sprint store supervisor and he said that i was lied to....I have to wait for a 4th crappy phone before i could use the well excahange program....WHAT!!!! im so pissed with sprint right now...I do not know what to do...I really am thinking about cancelling my contract....oh well 10 plus years down the drain......

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Hi Kamilah,

Samsung is sorry you're having issues with the Intercept. Our Executive Customer Service team would like to speak with you to see how we can resolve this. Would you please provide a phone number or email where we can contact you? Once received, we will contact you right away.

And if you have additional questions about your Samsung phone, you can always contact our Samsung Social Support Team at @SamsungSupport on Twitter or Samsung Support on Facebook. 

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

@SamsungCarla

Samsung Social Support Team

Journeyman

I also had problems with the Intercept, however not to the extent you are.  It is the slowest, buggiest POS on the market.  It really just does not have the processing capability to do what it is designed to do.  It took forever to boot up (after having to take the back off and and the battery out because it froze), and that battery would get VERY hot to the touch. 

When it finally stopped ringing, and sent all of my calls to voicemail (and the tech dept verified all the settings were correct, etc) I brought it to the store to find out it had water damage.  I am very careful with my phone, and it was never in or near water.  It was in my purse or in a case on my hip at work.  Because the litmus had some changes I was told it was water damaged and they couldn't do anything.  I definitely saw the purple, so somehow someway something happened.  Condensation?  Did the battery run so hot on a cold day that it caused condensation?  No clue.  Hopefully, you'll get your money back and can invest that in a better phone. Good Luck!

I did not give up on Samsung (had very good luck with other products) and bought a Nexus S 4G phone.  Right now they are $30 with an eligible upgrade in my market.  I LOVE this phone, and it has run flawlessly since I bought it in July. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat