cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hands Free Activation Issue

Journeyman gux
Journeyman

Hands Free Activation Issue

Hello, i am having an issue with "hands feee activation" after phone unlock from sprint.  Ive seen a couple of posts here, but i dont see a solution posted.  Please help !  Smiley Happy

7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Social Care

Re: Hands Free Activation Issue

Hey gux. Thanks fro reaching out. So that I have a better understanding of the issue, what steps are you taking to get the Hands free Activation error?

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman gux
Journeyman

Right after re-boot. After sprint unlocked my phone, i replaced the sim card with a tmobile one, but have not been able to use data nor send/receive MMS's.
Sprint Social Care

Hey gux. Since the device is unlocked, you should contact your service provide for assistance. Remember that Unlocking a device simply means overriding operational parameters restricting the device to operating on Sprint's network. Even if unlocked, Sprint devices may not work on another carrier's network. Whether an unlocked Sprint device can be used on another carrier's network is subject to that carrier's policies and network compatibilities. Additionally, Sprint devices, which the owner has attempted to reprogram or activate on another carrier's network or otherwise altered from its initial programming or settings, may not be able to be reactivated on the Sprint network.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman gux
Journeyman

Hi Juan, i didnt alter or reprogram the phone myself, it was an unlock direct from sprint. Ive contacted my service provider and tried various settings with no luck, do u recommend anything from this issue?
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

It looks like the phone is trying to activate to our network. Have you tried rebooting the device? Setting up the network preferences with your service provider?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman gux
Journeyman

Hi Jeffrey, i think that is a fair assesment, it does seem to be tryung to connect to sprint again, and yes everything has been configured to my new service providers network settings, i have rebooted many times, although ive only done a full reset once when i started, i will try again to see what happens.
Sprint Social Care

Can you let us know the outcome of this situation?

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat