cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Trouble with my new Galaxy S9

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having Trouble with my new Galaxy S9

I recently upgraded my S5 to an S9. The activation was a complete hassle. It took over 3 hours with two different worker at sprint to get my phone usable. During the activation I was unable to connect a call until Calling Plus was turned on. It would not ring and it would be a recording of "Sprint has connected you to an external operator where you can now complete outbound calls using either a credit card or direct billing. To call you mobile carrier or any other one within the US…." If I connect to Wifi as I am using Calling Plus I get the same message. If I turn Wifi off I am able to make calls. I currently can not send or receive MMS. I do get regular texts. I tried to get a text for Samsung to activate Chat from Messaging Setting but I never receive the message code and have tried multiple times. This happened with I tried to verify my phone number with another app as well. I had zero problems with my S5 for the 5ish years I owned it beside the draining battery. Please help. 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
GrandMaster

Re: Having Trouble with my new Galaxy S9

was this device purchased from Sprint or another vendor?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Bought it online. Supposidly it was new but now it seems like it was used.

GrandMaster

the thing with purchasing from an outside vendor is the device must be added into Sprints system if its never been here OR if it was with Spring but has been inactive for a certain amount of time. usually it takes roughly 3-5ish days to get it into their system. call in agents and store agents can not do this. they must put in a request to have it activated. i have a feeling this i what you are seeing.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Google/How-to-add-a-phone-to-Sprint-s-Database-Fix-Incompatible-with...

the first post has the instructions for adding a device..one of the agents you worked with might have started a ticket for your device to be added already..follow the directions in that link and make sure to point out that there might already be a ticket to add it..the agent can check your account for notes on this for you or start one up.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Thanks @fireguy_6364! @DKovi I will need to check on this for ya. I'll send you a private message so I can get some more information. See ya there!

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat