cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble after android 4.0.4 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having trouble after android 4.0.4 update

Since the android 4.0.4 update, ive been having several problems.  The most disturbing of which is that I can no longer acess my contacts.  First a screen will come up that says "Contact Tips" comes up, but i am unable to tap the "OK" button to navigate past.  Sometimes after returning to the home screen this tips screen goes away, but then all I am left with is a black screen with a blue bar at the top. 

If I open the contacts to this unusable point, then my dialer also becomes unuseable, but thankfully this is restored after a reboot of the phone.  Needless to say, this has left me very frustrated with the new 4.0.4 update.  Any ideas how to fix this would be verry much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you synced your phone with Google since the ICS update?  That should reload your contacts?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been wondering about the 4.0.4 update as well. Ever since I installed the 4.0.4 / Sense 4.1(EVO 4G LTE) update my reception has dropped off dramatically. Now in places at work where I was routinely pulling 3 bars minimum, it now hovers between 1 and 2 bars and the internet routinely comes back with a "webpage not available" message. Phone reception at home has gotten weak as well. The other phone functions seem to be okay, but something with my reception has gone south...

(At home I use wi-fi to access the internet, and that still works as it did before)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I"m have the same issues with my Samsung Epic......  bad reception, bad battery life , slow performance, etc

Highlighted
Journeyman

YESSS!! same here.  Sprint is taking no responsibility for this and offering NO resolution to THEIR customers.  Now, I'm paying for 4G (which used to work all the time prior to ICS update) and now hardly ever works.  I've never considered leaving Sprint in the last 10 yrs until now!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat