cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fix the invalid SIM card error

Journeyman

How do I fix the invalid SIM card error

how do I fix the invalid SIM card error that keeps locking me out of my telephone

6 REPLIES 6
GrandMaster

Re: How do I fix the invalid SIM card error

is it on Sprint and doing this or is it on another carrier? and which phone is this? does it stay locked to roaming or are there areas that its able to pull a regular signal just fine?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hi Fire,
Thanks for your input and any help would be appreciated greatly.

It's a Samsung S6 and yes it's on the Sprint network the issue comes and goes sometimes I can get through the whole day without it giving me the error message other times it shuts off the telephone functions and texting and internet but pretty much anything offline works fine

Again thank you very much for your help and contributions to the community
Journeyman

Also fire just another note it does say that I can make emergency calls only
GrandMaster

yeah you need an agent for this one. to me that sounds like more than just a sim card issue. the sim card only allows you to connect to whomevers LTE whether it be sprints or another carriers. doesnt have much affect on the calling side of things..which is also what you are running into.

regular texts and calls incoming and outgoing work or do not work when this happens?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

How do you unlock the phone?  Like with your face or eyes?  What happens is when folks have a facial lock on and try to unlock, it fails quite often.  After a lot of failures, it locks the SIM.  I would suggest to change it to fingerprint or PIN lock if this is the case.  If not, then the SIM would need to be replaced.

@ShortPhuse wrote:

how do I fix the invalid SIM card error that keeps locking me out of my telephone

Highlighted
Wizard

If able, I suggest requesting a replacement SIM card.  I had similar issue, but it was with an iPhone 6s, where it periodically give SIM card error.  Eventually, no matter what was done, restart or network reset, etc. it still shows error.  I took it into the Sprint store and asked to try a different SIM card before going further with diagnosis of potential other issues.  The new SIM card was the answer, as the phone is working fine for months now.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat