cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer my apps from my old S3 to new S4?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I transfer my apps from my old S3 to new S4?

I just got my upgrade and trying to transfer my apps, I downloaded the samsung smart switch apps to both phones but I keep getting lost connections try again can one Help?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

Re: How do I transfer my apps from my old S3 to new S4?

FloydGM1,

I am here to help. For help with the app its self, you would need to contact the developer. You may be able to go into a Corp Sprint store to se what can be done for you. Also, you can always re-download your apps via the Play Store. Anything that you paid for should still be available for download. Let me know if this helps.

Sean L
Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks

Highlighted
Master

FloydGM1,

We are always happy to help out.  Please do let us know if you have any questions or still experiencing difficulties re-downloading your applications through the Play Store.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apps are going to be tough but you can try going through a computer to restore the info from the S3 to the S4. Samsung offers a software program called KIES for free on their website that is great for moving content from one phone to another and backing everything up (similar to iTunes).

The software does have a capability of backing up application data but I'm not 100% sure about the actual applications. If KIES can move the data over all you'd need to do is download the app and it should pull the info over.

Highlighted
Master

actually apps are the easiest to do, as soon as you setup your new Android phone, your Play Store will start installing apps you already downloaded from Play Store. One suggestion would be to take some screen shots and save them on a cloud storage, so you know if there is any app that you might need to download if it does not automatically happen.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat