cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i download pictures from my samsung seek

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do i download pictures from my samsung seek

I have a samsung seek with pictures on the internal memory.

How do i download these pictures onto my computer?

thanks

Bruce

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

If you have your pictures in  your memory card..Put the memory card in memory card slot of your pc.. Go to my computer-open the drive(probably it my  be G, F, E, I or other drives-massstorage). click on each one of them and one of them will show your memory card..open the folder..your pictures will be in DCIM file..open DCIM file. create a new folder on desktop..copy all the pictures and transfer or move the pictures to a new folder which is on your desktop or where ever you want.

Message was edited by: abe2020

Message was edited by: abe2020

Highlighted
Master

Or, You can plug the phone into your PC using a USB cord, Go to My Computer, Find the drive that is the Seek, Navigate to the DCIM folder, Your Pictures will be in there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

pictures are not on memory card, but on internal.  driver will not install, no disc, how can i get pictures off camera?  not in dcim folder either.

Journeyman

Hi.  Did you ever get your question answered?  I have the EXACT same problem.   The tech's don't seem to understand the question.

TECHS:  It's NOT in the memory card.  It is NOT transferred by the various Sprint Store "cellbrite" USB-to-phone devices.   It is NOT transferred using a micro-USB to PC connection -- because it's NOT in memory card.   I wasted 2 hours with online chat and a 'refresh' process that I knew was not going to address this issue.  Instead they sent me (very politely and concernedly) to download Sprint Smartview which did nothing to help.  They also updated the firmware -- which did nothing to help.  

You HAVE A BUG in the Samsung Seek.  It stores pictures in INTERNAL memory INSTEAD of memory card.

TECH SUPPORT:  If you know a trick, other than 1x1 tediously emailing over a hundred pictures please respond.  Thank you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Seek stores pictures in its internal memory by default, even when you've installed a microSD card.  To allow your computer to access the pictures, you must tell the Seek to store them in the microSD card.  This is done by following the Setting Storage Options instructions in the Basics Guide.  They are: Activate camera mode with Home >  Fun > Camera.  After a few seconds a list of icons will appear on the right of the screen.  Select the one labelled Options.  Scroll to the bottom of the list, which is Storage.  If it says Phone, click it to see the available options, and select Memory card.  Hit the back arrow twice to get back to Home and click Fun > Camera again.  Take some pictures.  Verify they are on the microSD card with Home > Fun > My Photos.  They should be in a separate block also labelled CAMERA but with a tiny memory card icon.  The computer will then be able to find them in the folders it set up when you installed the microSD card.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was having the same problem but I think I got the answer now. My photos were being saved to the internal memory also. I inserted a memory card. I went to My Photos.  A couple of groups appear on my sceen

One labeled  Camera which had all my pictures, and a second labeled Pic IDs Screensaver. I selected Camera, and thumbnails of all my pictures appear. On the Bottom of the screen are 4 menu options, from Left to right they are: Delete, Upload, Email, and More. When I select the More option, 2 options now appear. Copy to memory card, and Slide show.  I used the Copy to Memory Card. Now I was able to use the USB cable to connect to the Phone and upload the pictures to my computer.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would try that because it said it in the manual and you also said it.  But here's the catch, there is NO BUTTON THAT SAYS MORE.  Also when you take a photo (and you have a SD card it have the storage set to SD card), it DOES NOT STORE ON SD CARD.  When I plug the phone into my laptop via USB cable nothing happens.  Someone please help if you know anything else that might work.  I have tried everything and my photos are very precious to me.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat