cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Download Custom Ringtones from PC to Samsung SPH-A640

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to Download Custom Ringtones from PC to Samsung SPH-A640

This is a new area for me (the cellphone stuff), but I am a very experienced PC-user. What I want to accomplish is to download some custom ringtones to my Samsung SPH-A640 cellphone. I am making an assumption that I need a special cable for this, possibly a program to initiate the file transfer. Can anyone help me out on this, or otherwise refer me elsewhere for useful information. What I need is some info and/or instructions!!!

Thanks very much ahead of time - Steve

2 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: How to Download Custom Ringtones from PC to Samsung SPH-A640

Try this link to a forum page: http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=TipsandTricks&thread.id=49&view=by_da...

Just remember to disregard the info about 3guppies since they have recently been acquired by Myxer but the info should still work. Also remember that even though you can cut the mp3 down to say a 30 to 45 second snippet on the site, if you precut using Audacity or any other Music editing software, it doesn't take as long to upload to Myxer as it would a complete 3 to 4 minute song would.

Hope this helps.

Journeyman

Re: How to Download Custom Ringtones from PC to Samsung SPH-A640

Thanks very much for the assistance. I will give it a whirl later today. That was exactly what I needed!!!

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.