cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having issues with the Samsung Galaxy S2 after jelly bean update.

Journeyman

I'm having issues with the Samsung Galaxy S2 after jelly bean update.

Hello, I have a gs2 and I recently did the jelly bean update through Kies. After the update I did a factory reset on the phone. The phone works like it should for the most part. The only problems I am having are the screen shot doesn't work and I don't know how to use the split screen option. Also the smart stay function doesn't work either. The only one I honestly care to have back is the ability to take screen shots. Before the update I could press the volume down and power at the same time to take a screen shot. I have tried everything and even been to 3 sprint stores for answers but due to the update being new nobody seems to have an answer. I even called Samsung but they want to charge me $100 which is messed up considering the phone is less than a year old. Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: I'm having issues with the Samsung Galaxy S2 after jelly bean update.

I googled and what I found said to hold the home button and the power button at the same time. Hopefully this will help.

How are things working for you otherwise? I'm looking to do the jelly bean update soon myself.

April

Journeyman

I tried that but that way only works on other carriers GS2 that have a actual home button and not a touch screen home button like Sprints GS2's.

Journeyman

That's weird. My S2 had Gingerbread when I first got it and that was how I took screen shots before the ICS update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I figured it out. I did a factory reset on it and now power plus the home button take a screen shot. When I had ICS power and volume down took the screen shot.

Journeyman

I, too, had problems with screen captures (and a few other things) when I initially updated. I had been able to do screen captures, but only on the home screen pages. Now, I can do it capture the notification menu and the app listing... I assume much more. It was only after a lot of restarts, crashes, and freezing that I could do that so... not sure if that's any reassurance.

I press AND hold the home button and the power button at the same time for 2-3 seconds to make a screen capture.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat