cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .

Journeyman

I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .

I'm so confused, let me start by saying that it's really a good phone but when it comes to me wanting to send my pictures to my email, it wants to connect to the internet. For my plan we have to pay for internet but it says picture mail is free, what's up? D:

15 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: I need help with picture messaging on the Samsung seek. . .

We are experiencing the same thing. Any answers would be great! Melissa

Master

Do you both have The "Messaging" plan Or "Data" plans?

Messaging plans, picmail is included(connects to data to send pics using messaging app, is included in plan),

Using email requires having the Data plan(Will incur data charges if you don't have a data plan).

Journeyman

Picture mail is free but you have to have data to send and receive pcitures to any phone, not just the Seek. If you dont want to add a data plan to the account consider buying a data cable and then you can transfer the pics from the phone to your computer.

Journeyman

So what's up with recieving pictures on this phone?  My plan has not changed in 4 years, yet my phone stopped being allowed to open pics.  I have to go home and use the Sprint internet site to do it.  Yet I'm able to send pics from my phone.  Does anybody know why this is?

Journeyman

That's one of the reasons I am considering switching from Sprint in the future. Technically picture messages are free through Sprint.com and viewing/sending them that way. I am the same way about avoiding accessing the internet on my phone as it is expensive. It's an unfortunate buzz kill for those who want to share pics without paying for internet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i am having the same exact problem...i dont get why they say picture messaging is free with the everything text plan but then it turns out you have to have internet in order to send it (thats not free)  i have never been with a cell phone company  where you have to use the internet to send a picture!

Journeyman

i had the seek for like 2 weeks.had alot of problems with sendin pictures to my email and myspace even tho i got the unlimeted data plan.never figured it out either.you would be better off gettin the samsung intercept.borderline android thats cheap.i got mine free off celluardeals.com. but the seek is a good chick phone i reckon lol

Journeyman

Found this out in the very beginneing when I started occuring data charges. Picture Mail also includes sending pictures from your phone through the upload feature in your picture albumns via My Places(Facebook, Photobucket, My Computer/Email, Snapfish, Youtube, Myspace...). However if you are going to send a picture as an attachment to another phone, this would occur as Data charges because it has to connect to the internet to send them. I am just satisfied with uploading pictures to my Facebook account. They are included as Picture Mail and I can do it right from my phone. Hope this helps.

Journeyman

Found this out in the very beginneing when I started occuring data  charges. Picture Mail also includes sending pictures from your phone  through the upload feature in your picture albumns via My  Places(Facebook, Photobucket, My Computer/Email, Snapfish, Youtube,  Myspace...). However if you are going to send a picture as an attachment  to another phone, this would occur as Data charges because it has to  connect to the internet to send them. I am just satisfied with uploading  pictures to my Facebook account. They are included as Picture Mail and I  can do it right from my phone. Hope this helps.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.