cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im Having Problems Recieving Texts on Samsung Rant

Patron

I have been having this terrible problem recieveing texts on my phone for the last couple of weeks.  I can send texts fine but when someone sends a respond to my texts i don't recieve the texts until I call someone or until someone calls me and i pick up, then all the texts come flooding in at once.  Can anybody help me or tell me a solution to this problem?

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Im Having Problems Recieving Texts on Samsung Rant

Hey, I have had the Rant for about a year and half and my phone use to do that to me all the time. I found that if i turned it off and removed the battery for about ten minutes i would recieve my texts. I would also try calling your voicemail every so often that will also bring in the texts. I also had to take it into the sprint store and have them reset my phone so i could recieve my messages.

Journeyman

I am also having this exact problem, but it's only in one specific location (my apartment). Just had my phone reset because I was told it would help. It didn't.

Does anyone have any other advice?

Journeyman

i had the same problem wit that phonte too. i could send text's fine but when i recieve them they dont come untill hours later

Journeyman

I am having the same issue I contacted samsung and they told me that it is a issue with the latest software upgrade i am waiting for sprint to figure out what they are going to do about it.

Journeyman

I am having problems With the Samsung moment phone. Today I didn't reacive a digital singal all day. I  contacted sprint yesterday regarding my phone and they didn't do nothing but appoligize. Since i am on a family plan I couldn't switch service providers, Because I would have long time ago. They know there are issues with the samsung moment phone and they will not do anthing about it. I suggest that if you can switch switch becuase the customer sevice here is terrible. Why when you go to the sprint service center and tell them there are problems with your phone do they push you to use your upgrade option when it is not your fult your are having issues with your phone. I think someone should pay for not making a good product and not having good upgrades for thier phones and it should not be the customer.

After spending lots of gas going to and from sprinit I had the tech guy tell me that the phone was not ment to ever have the Andriod 2.1 upgrade. That thiere is not enough memory on the phone to keep up with the update. Becasue of this he told me the phone now ill allways lock up or have some type of issue. I agian relaed this back to sprint so that they would get me out of my phone model and they told me that "know one in sprint will ever be able to get me up to the next model becuase they are all 4g phones". I am very dissipointed because that was like the company throwing up there hands and telling me they didn't care about the issues that I was having and unless I paid more money I there was nothing they would do about it. I even asked for the HtC pro 2 which is not a samsung phone but an older model and they still said there was nothing they could do. Sprint might be the first on 4g but there the last on consumer relations.

Journeyman

I am having issues with the Moment as well sending and receiving texts - the phone forces closes constantly and messages are lost, signals are weak and then get messages hours after they are sent.  It's very frustrating and annoying.

When I went to the Sprint store, I was told that the Moment was a bad phone and they don't offer it to customers any longer because of many service issues, but they couldn't help me in that store, and is sending me to another, although on the website that particular store is a repair facility.

In the meanwhile, I remove the battery, delete cache and history and still have issues. I am very disappointed in the phone so far. I pay for the TEP so let's see what Sprint will do for me.....

Journeyman

I am having trouble ESPECIALLY with sending text. Receiving texts on my phone is fine, but the sending part OMG I just want to throw my freaking phone. I SWEAR!! It's not just the text I am having trouble with. I am also having trouble with the outgoing calls. Sometimes it won't let me call out. Then it'll pop up something saying CALL CANNOT BE DIALED. TRY AGAIN LATER. Like WTF is that??? I'm getting so frustrated.

Journeyman

The only problem I have when it comes to texting is: I cannot send a text out while my phone is receiving a text. I believe the phone to be somewhat handicapped in that way. It has a meltdown in those situations and just says fuck you patrick and stops working.

Journeyman

Yes! my mom will tell me she is coming home, and illl get the message 3 hours or sometimes even days after it was sent! i cant take it anymore. also, when i changed my screen saver- it made the background grey!! no picture,, annnd it also erased the tiles on the carosel, now they are just plus marks. its soo annoying, im NEVER getting samsung again!!

Journeyman

we are having trouble getting and sending texts making and receiving calls. and NO ONE can tell me why each time there is some other excuse.  "try this or try this" nothing works. we have 4 different types of phones. it has to be the service, not the phones...grrrrr

Journeyman

Call Sprint and ask them to check your area for poor signal.  I was having the same problem with my Samsung Moment and they said since I was in a poor service area, I qualified for a free AirRave signal amplifier and now I have no issues!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat