cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent problem with Menu popping up uncommanded [Solved!]

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Intermittent problem with Menu popping up uncommanded

I've had this issue on two phones now.  One of them was just replaced a few months ago.  It's so annoying.

Just to be clear, are you all saying that Sprint now has this issue in a database of known issues and fixes?  Also saying that if I take my phone back to a repair center again that it should be resolved by them at no cost to me?

Please confirm and I'll give it another try. I can't wait to be rid of this annoying and frustrating defect!

What do I say to them to stop the cycle of them wiping and restoring my phone, me coming back, them wiping and restoring again, repeat, etc.....?

-Bryan

Journeyman

I would print out the relevant portions of this thread and bring it in; insist on the hardware fix... make them call someone higher up the food chain if necessary.

Journeyman

I have recieved my replacement phone. I get to reinstall all my apps and such (and start from scratch on Angry Birds... just when I got the last of the golden eggs, too :/ ).

After a weekend at work, I should be able to confirm that this fix is good.

Journeyman

I too had this issue and took it in to my local sprint store. When I explained that this was a known issue and that the repair should be free, the tech kept insisting that I still had to pay $50. I had to pull up this thread and show it to him, and then all of a sudden he found the right code in their system. After getting that figured out though it was smooth sailing and he replaced the screen assembly without charge. So to others going in to repair this issue, be prepared to assert that the repair is free, and keep this thread handy as proof.

Journeyman

I'm glad your issue was resolved, Occifer.

I have had the 'new' phone for three days now at work; where I always had problems due to location and the large metal buildings in which I spend most of my time, and the phone has not exhibited any symptoms.  Actually, my reception seems marginally better.

I would rather have been able to hold onto my original phone (I did lose some important data) and just gotten the repair (it would have made me more confident in calling this a real solution); but as it stands, I am going to call this fix good.

Journeyman

hi, i have been having the same problem as well- seemed to have gotten better with the previous software release, but since i did the spring update in early feb, its been driving me crazy again. i have low signal in my house- so even when im on wifi, this issue is constantly interupting me! coudl you start a ticket for me as well?

thanks!

Community Manager

I can certainly look into it for you, SparkleCat17.  I'm sending you a PM because I need some information in order to get started.

Thanks,

*Christy

Sprint Social Cares

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Re: Intermittent problem with Menu popping up uncommanded [Solved!]

i need a repair ticket, since every time i take the phone to the sprint store, they factory reset it and blame it on the apps...Smiley Sad

Journeyman

I need a repair ticket as well. Have called for help only end up resetting my phone over and over, im quite tired of doing this and not fixing the problem.

Community Manager

Claudinho85 and Packyjean,

You're both experiencing the phantom menu pop in low coverage situations?  If so, then, yes, the information that Halcyoncmdr123 posted in this thread applies and I can submit a ticket if need be.  Is this the issue or is something else going on with the phones?

*Christy

Sprint Social Cares

SeaWolf
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

ChristydaGeek wrote:

Claudinho85 and Packyjean,

You're both experiencing the phantom menu pop in low coverage situations?  If so, then, yes, the information that Halcyoncmdr123 posted in this thread applies and I can submit a ticket if need be.  Is this the issue or is something else going on with the phones?

*Christy

Sprint Social Cares

yes its the same exactly problem, i would appreciate it, thank you.

Community Manager

I'm going to send you a PM claud to get some information and start working on this for you.

*Christy

Sprint Social Cares

SeaWolf

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat