cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent problem with Menu popping up uncommanded [Solved!]

Journeyman

Re: Intermittent problem with Menu popping up uncommanded [Solved!]

Hi Christy,

PM sent.  Thank you for assisting us and being empathetic to our situation!

Journeyman

I'd like to get my phone fixed/replaced aswell. I bought my phone through Best Buy in October 2012 and am currently paying 9.99 a month for the accidental coverage plan they provide (insurance). If you could help me figure out how to handle this situation, I'd really appreciate it. I live in the 03820 area. one of the places it happens the most is at the corner of Tenneyson Ave. and Browning Ave. as well as Chapel St and Main St. there are other areas I use my phone where this problem is a regular problem, and causes me to be unable to use my phone. Such as Congress St and Islington St intersection in 03801.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm sad to report that even after the awesome help of ChristydaGeek, my "repaired" Epic Touch 4G started exhibiting the same menu activation issue in low signal areas after several months..

For several months it worked great, but that darn menu started popping up again.

My solution?

My contract was up and I now have an HTC One.  So much happier I can't even describe.  I feel for those of you stuck with that lemon of a phone.

Journeyman

Has anyone been able to successfully get out of their contract with Sprint due to the fault in the Galaxy SII and Sprint not wanting to replace the phone?  Please send me a PM.  Thanks.

Journeyman

I had this problem with my first S2, which was a few weeks after getting it.  Sprint replaced the phone but it took a half dozen trips to the Sprint store with no luck and finally getting a decent operator when I called Sprint.  My second S2 worked for about 2-3 months and started doing the same thing again.  I didn't want to go through the same crap again with POS so I dealt with it.  Now the screen is cracked.  Never dropped, never smashed..  sits in a Pt case and protector.  Unhooked it from the charger one morning to check email and the screen has a giant crack down it.

I would terminate my contract with Sprint in a heartbeat if I could over this.  Sadly, it looks like I have to wait until May 2014.  One thing I can say with certainty, never again will I buy a Samsung phone. 

Journeyman

Re: Intermittent problem with Menu popping up uncommanded

I have the same problem. Can you contact my service center?

Journeyman

I had a GS2 for a year and a half and just recently had to get it replaced because of a bad power button. I never had any of these pop up issues with my old phone till I got a replacement GS2. I took it to the sprint store and told them about it and also that it had one pixel that was red all the time, they put in a new screen and the phone still has the pop up issue. I took it back to the sprint store and since they could not get it to act up for them , they said they could do nothing. Is there a fix for it yet? What are my options?

Thanks for your help.

Journeyman

try to get them to give you a different phone or deal with it.. Best Buy is giving me the same story... cant prove it in store? can't exchange it. I'm seriously not happy, I have a year left in my contract, exchanged it 3 times already and they havent fixed it.. they wont give me a different phone unless they see it for themselves... i told em to try using my phone everywhere for a few days or follow me around .. what else can I do? this phone is a friggin lemon

EDIT: managed to prove it to best buy. Their retail value for it and the SIII were the same so got a SIII in exchange. Very happy with it.

Message was edited by: MalikDepthside

Journeyman

I've been having the same problem with my GS2. I'm so fed up with it. When I took my phone in last summer because of the problem. They told me that they couldn't do anything about it unless they could see it. I explained to them that it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does I can't even press anything else until its done having the said spasm. When I got the jellybean update it was okay for for about two months. Then it started up again, only doing it sometimes. Now I can't even look at my phone with out it losing its mind and constantly popping up. I'm just so upset that when I want it to do it, it won't. So now the sprint store thinks I'm crazy and I have a piece of junk for a phone. I just don't know what to do and I don't get any complete answers on how to fix it myself.

Community Manager

Folks, I've gone back through the thread and sent some PMs who haven't gotten it at the store. If I missed you, please by all means, send me a private message by clicking on my name, then click 'Send Private Message' in my profile page.  I'm more than happy to assist.

If you do not have Total Equipment Protection, my options may be limited.  However, as this is a known issue with Samsung, you can (and SHOULD) contact them as well.  They'll fix the phone for free, even send a kit to do so.  The downside is that you do have to send it to them for repair, which can mean going without your phone a few days and I do know a lot of us aren't in a position to do so.

Thanks,

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Hi Christy,

I sent you a private message yesterday, but I am not sure if I did it correctly, because I cannot see where I sent the message.  I have been having major issues with Sprint and have had about enough!  I just received my THIRD GS2, and it is doing the same thing.  please help!!  I called my local sprint store, and the rude guy acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, and said I would have to bring it in and wait for the tech to look at it.  If they found anything wrong with it, they would try to fix it or replace it.  I don't want another replacement!  I just want my phone to work! 

Sorry for the rant...just a little frustrated!

Thank you for any help you can offer!!

Journeyman

Hi Christy,

I sent you a private message yesterday, but I am not sure if I did it correctly, because I cannot see where I sent the message.  I have been having major issues with Sprint and have had about enough!  I just received my THIRD GS2, and it is doing the same thing.  please help!!  I called my local sprint store, and the rude guy acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, and said I would have to bring it in and wait for the tech to look at it.  If they found anything wrong with it, they would try to fix it or replace it.  I don't want another replacement!  I just want my phone to work! 

Sorry for the rant...just a little frustrated!

Thank you for any help you can offer!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat