cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent problem with Menu popping up uncommanded [Solved!]

Highlighted
Journeyman

Intermittent problem with Menu popping up uncommanded [Solved!]

I have suffered this problem since acquiring this phone (Samsung Galaxy S II SPH-D710, otherwise known as Epic 4G Touch), and I have researched it much as I could.  I had hoped that perhaps the Jelly Bean update (hopefully soon to be issued) would fix the problem, however, I have just found this post which indicates that it is actually a hardware problem.

Is this problem identical between my phone and the one being discussed in the link (the Samsung Fascinate)?

Message was edited by: DarkAvionics

Marked as solved, cleaned up external link

137 REPLIES 137
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Christy,

I sent you a private message yesterday, but I am not sure if I did it correctly, because I cannot see where I sent the message.  I have been having major issues with Sprint and have had about enough!  I just received my THIRD GS2, and it is doing the same thing.  please help!!  I called my local sprint store, and the rude guy acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, and said I would have to bring it in and wait for the tech to look at it.  If they found anything wrong with it, they would try to fix it or replace it.  I don't want another replacement!  I just want my phone to work! 

Sorry for the rant...just a little frustrated!

Thank you for any help you can offer!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Christy,

I sent you a private message yesterday, but I am not sure if I did it correctly, because I cannot see where I sent the message.  I have been having major issues with Sprint and have had about enough!  I just received my THIRD GS2, and it is doing the same thing.  please help!!  I called my local sprint store, and the rude guy acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, and said I would have to bring it in and wait for the tech to look at it.  If they found anything wrong with it, they would try to fix it or replace it.  I don't want another replacement!  I just want my phone to work! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Christy,

Journeyman

Hi Christy,

Highlighted
Community Manager

Sab0521, I did get your message.  I'll be in touch shortly

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its funny I Google this phantom  menu button problem and here it is .But Sprint has no clue when i call or go to the store of what i'm talking about. I have had issues since Dec 2012 all from no service, (only good with WiFi at home) then service pack freeze ups after installing an app,battery swells and overheats with no activity, power button turning on and off and finally the phantom menu button and Google search interference popping up. I have been through phone exchanges, master resets,updating PRLS, tickets galore in different locations , (ie my work place), being transferred to people overseas who i cant hear or understand and who just repeat what i say over and over, promises of callbacks and email followups and nothing , promises of good service after Sept 10 2013 since the Japanese bought Sprint and was told to just "wait it out"?. Ya still waiting..When is it enough. yes i have gotten credit about 3 different  times at about 15$ each. Still cant use the phone though outside my home . And i can only use at home because i have WiFi otherwise i couldn't use it. ive had to buy new batteries cause of swelling and drainage with nothing running except Sprint constantly searching for signal.

Now this week they made yet another appointment for me to go to another different place and pay carfare out of my area to look at my phone again. I refuse cause what is the point when nobody ever knows and insists that the towers are  working.

See my frustration elevates when i see other people around me who have Metro PCS, h2o ,safe link,Tracfones,  and pay half or less and get in fact great service even in tunnels and some times underground(trains). i singed a contract for 2 years believing its 4g (cant even get 3g) and a working phone.i exchange a phone to get other problems with a new phone so i cancelled my insurance i mean like why bother paying when im not damaging the phone and its in mint condition and its not my fault. Im going to leave anyway .

What i would like?  .. a new working phone with service or to get out of this relationship without having to pay an early termination fee . i think ive paid up my phones value by now how bout a reduction or a return for goods not meeting up to to satisfactory expectations.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Pam7600,

I cannot make any promises but I'm more than happy to take a look at the situation. Please send me a PM with your Sprint phone number so that I can get started.

Thanks!

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

SeaWolf
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey guys, I've been having the same issue with my phone for quite some time now, and I would really like to get it fixed as it's pretty annoying and getting a new phone / service isn't in the cards right now.  I have the SPH-D710 under Virgin Mobile however, but I figured since VM is owned by Sprint, this would be a good place to ask what I could do.  I've taken the phone to a cell phone repair place and tried to explain the situation with what I've found online and in this forum thread, but they just looked at me like I was stupid because they couldn't replicate the issue in a well-covered area, and said they'd look into it and give me a call.  5 months later, still no call from them, haha. 

So what I'm wondering is if since I don't have a customer account with Sprint, is it possible I can still send this in for repairs?  As I'm with Virgin, and it's no-contract, I don't think they would really offer a solid solution to the problem.  They would probably just try and send me a new phone, but it would just have the same issue as this is a hardware issue. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please I live in 92220 and have this same problem all the time. I have take my phone in 4 times at two locations and still they have yet to fix it. They keep factory resetting my phone which is infuriating because I know it wont do the trick. PLEASE HELP!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please I live in 92220 and have this same problem all the time. I have take my phone in 4 times at two locations and still they have yet to fix it. They keep factory resetting my phone which is infuriating because I know it wont do the trick. PLEASE HELP!!!

Highlighted
Community Manager

ice_surfer84, I'm more than happy to help, if  you would kindly send me a PM with your phone number, I'd be happy to assist.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Boldman, I think your best bet would actually be to go straight to Samsung, since it's a manufacturer issue, not a carrier issue.  I've worked with their service and repair group online and they're very helpful.  The downside is that you'd probably have to send in your phone.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

SeaWolf

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been having this same problem and it seems like it's getting worse. At first it would only do it when I was at work where I don't get a great signal but now it'll do it when I'm home and connected to Wi-Fi with a strong signal. It's starting to get very annoying and I fear that if I bring it to a Sprint repair store they'll just try to brush it off. Any suggestions or help anyone can offer??

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat