cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent problem with Menu popping up uncommanded [Solved!]

Highlighted
Journeyman

Intermittent problem with Menu popping up uncommanded [Solved!]

I have suffered this problem since acquiring this phone (Samsung Galaxy S II SPH-D710, otherwise known as Epic 4G Touch), and I have researched it much as I could.  I had hoped that perhaps the Jelly Bean update (hopefully soon to be issued) would fix the problem, however, I have just found this post which indicates that it is actually a hardware problem.

Is this problem identical between my phone and the one being discussed in the link (the Samsung Fascinate)?

Message was edited by: DarkAvionics

Marked as solved, cleaned up external link

137 REPLIES 137
Highlighted
Journeyman

zip-48446

cross streets - miark drive/pero lake road

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Omar! Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately the customer service rep at the Sprint store (Canyon Springs in Riverside, CA) I took my phone to for repair could not have blown me off any faster. He didn't bother opening the back to check the battery, let alone troubleshoot the device in anyway. He just blamed Samsung by saying it was a hardware issue not a software and that was that.

Well, for my original problem (with the battery) I received a replacement through the insurer. They mailed me a new phone, and I mailed them back my old phone so I didn't have to go through the Sprint store. I'm desperate to get this problem fixed, so if a hard reset gives me a chance, it's that much of a chance that I didn't have before.

Thanks again for any help you can provide for this bothersome issue!

Highlighted
Master

DaniClifton,

Thanks for letting us know more about your situation. I would advise taking the device to another service location in your town for a second opinion. As stated hard resets are a last resort and that is not something that I want to recommend with out your device being truly diagnosed by a pro. Is there another location in your area that is a service store?

Sean L

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I Have this same crazy issue.  Low signal and my phone goes skitzo.  I am in sanford nc 27330.  Can you start a ticket for me also?

Highlighted
Master

lzqwhr2013,

Thanks for the information. The towers within your area are currently getting both LTE and 3G enhancements. While this is going on there may be intermittent service issues. Technicians are working to complete everything as quickly as possible and we greatly appreciate your patience!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Master

askwiggy,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry that you're experiencing these service impairments. You've provided your zip code of 27330, mind sharing with us your nearest cross streets? To alert our technicians of these service abnormalities, we'd first need to pin the point the tower(s) you're accessing.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Womack rd  and Clyde rhyne drive.   we have been with sprint for 12 years and is unhappy with this phone.  It's been replaced once already.  The screen goes crazy and he has to wait for it to finish before he can use his home.  Early in this forum the tech stated it was a hardware issue.

Highlighted
Master

askwiggy,

Thank you for the information! I was able to pinpoint the towers you are using for the low signal you are getting. I'm sorry to hear about the device trouble you have had. I know how frustrating that can be. Have you taken this device into a repair center to have it checked? Are you having the same issues it was first replaced for? Let us know. We are here to help!

Jacque

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have two of these defective Samsung D710 that are pretty much non-operational.   If I turn airplane mode on, and deactivate all the antenna, then it works great!   But if I want to do any data transfer at all, like Text messages, or check my email... or even dial a phone number to make outgoing calls... I am IMMEDIATELY interupted by the menu button.   

I got the exact same phone for my daughter at the same time, and even though I have had these problems since my phone was new, her phone has just now started to get as bad as mine.   I Have sent my phone to Samsung twice for warranty repair, and both times the phone has come back almost worse than when I sent it.   I then went to visit a Sprint service center and had a in-house tech actually tell me all about this problem, and then proceed to perform a "fix" right before my eyes.   Now instead of a white Samsung Galaxy S2, i have a black one.   Oh, and the issue is still just as bad, if not worse than it has ever been.  

I can put up with this issue because I only use my phone for incomming calls, and do all my business on a computer.  But for my daughter, it is a completely different matter and I am fed up hearing about it.  

I need to know if I can get these phones replaced with a different phone all together.  I understand there is a manufactures defect and I know first hand there is absolutely no fix, an every single Samsung D710 will exhibit these problems eventually in their life span.

Im sure you guys know how to use the PM system as well as I do, so you can PM me this time.   Thanks.

Highlighted
Master

adaK

I am sorry to hear of all the trouble you and you daughter are encountering with these devices. You mentioned countless visits to the store, with the problem returning. Can you please advise of when these phones were obtained? Are either of the lines eligible for upgrade? 

Please let us know. 

Zena

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Master

lzqwhr2013,

Thank you for your post. We noticed tht you posted on this thread about a month ago with issues that you were having with your S2.  Due to the problems you described we wanted to pass along a link that has some common troubleshooting tips for your device that may help: http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Troubleshoot_when_your_Samsung_Galaxy_S_II_slows_freezes_o....

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Highlighted
Master

douglascs,

We are going through some older posts and noticed that you were having issues with your devices and a menu that was poppig up on each device.  We know that device can be tough to deal with and we do offer many solutions along with the manufacturer.  Each solution has it's pros and cons and we certainly want you to go with the option that best suits you.  For a phone issue that is affecting each phone you have the most proactive thing that I feel you can do is to stop into a Sprint authorized service and repair center (www.sprint.com/storelocator).  You can have the tech look at the devices and explian the situation and what you're looking to accomplish.  They will be able to work with you and see which options best suit your needs.  Thnk you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat