cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent problem with Menu popping up uncommanded [Solved!]

Highlighted
Journeyman

Intermittent problem with Menu popping up uncommanded [Solved!]

I have suffered this problem since acquiring this phone (Samsung Galaxy S II SPH-D710, otherwise known as Epic 4G Touch), and I have researched it much as I could.  I had hoped that perhaps the Jelly Bean update (hopefully soon to be issued) would fix the problem, however, I have just found this post which indicates that it is actually a hardware problem.

Is this problem identical between my phone and the one being discussed in the link (the Samsung Fascinate)?

Message was edited by: DarkAvionics

Marked as solved, cleaned up external link

137 REPLIES 137
Highlighted
Master

murphy0861,

Thanks for the info. There was an outage in the area that has recently cleared, and current service levels are good. Please try updating the profile/PRL by going to Menu> Settings > System Updates. Let us know if this helps or if you run into any more issues.

Toya
Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

No help, this has been an ongoing issue for months

Highlighted
Journeyman

OMG!!!!  I have had this same problem since I have gotten the phone back in March. It is sooo frustrating, My speaker first went out in the phone, along with the menu issues so I take it to the service store and they say this is a known issue and I needed an update to jelly bean and new speaker. Two months later still having same issue, I go back to the same store they didn't attempt to fix anything just offer a replacement to a downgraded phone! Not acceptable! I spoke with a manager there they again didn't attempt to fix it, just give me a new galaxy s2, thinking I just may of gotten a fluke phone. I am still suffering with this issue, I am even willing to upgrade to a new phone, but I REFUSE to pay the EARLY UPGRADE FEE of 250.00 for an issue that isn't our fault and since its a known issue we should be reimbursed for the price we paid towards a new device, geez I haven't even had it a year yet and has already been repaired once and replaced once.

Message was edited by: nadeanrox   Also, Having issues where phone will say I'm international roaming while driving through and around TN and KY, last time I checked these states were in the US. Any others having this issue as well? And have there actually been any international charges for this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi, I am encountering this problem as well with the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S2. I have problems near Avenue 65 and Pollard in Los Angeles, CA 90042.

I bought the phone used, and my provider is Ting, not Sprint. Will I be able to get the phone fixed in-store?

Highlighted
Master

mikey558,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately you would have to reach out to your service provider regarding service issues. Our service and repair centers will only service devices that are branded with Sprint and are active with Sprint service.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Been having this issue as described also. Sprint store told me software issues,. did all the updates still no solution.....sprint store acts like they never heard of the problem,,,ridiculous. sometimes my phone is unuseable because it glitches so bad. Any help available?

Highlighted
Master

lzqwhr2013, 

Thank you for posting as well. What phone do you have? Have you tried factory resetting the phone (if not, don't do so yet)? 

Dania

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Galaxy S2 SPH-D710 ver. 4.1.2

Yes have tried factory reset also... nothing helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello, I am on my 2nd Galaxy S2 (SPH-D710 v. 4.1.2) in a year (I entered into my second 2-year contract with Sprint in January 2013). The first Galaxy I had to warranty in November 2013 due to moisture (never had it near water so it was probably steam, I'm told - okay). Now I'm less than 2 months into my second Galaxy and I'm encountering these phantom menu pop ups regularly since I received the phone. It seems to be getting worse. The menu pop ups are becoming even more frequent, hourly now for the last two weeks. I made an appointment at my local Sprint store for repair, because I read above that it was a hardware issue and printed pretty much this entire thread and took it with me because I wasn't sure the device would start popping up if there is a good connection there. The guy at Sprint read what I brought and proceeded to completely dismiss it by saying that it was a software issue. But fortunately he explained that I did qualify for your new Framily plan and that I can get a new phone for a "small down payment and make monthly payments." Seriously, I can't believe this is Sprint's solution to my problem! Anyway, I just want my phone fixed. I haven't done the factory reset, but I will Customer Care tells me I should. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Highlighted
Journeyman

my Samsung phone is best used as a paperweight, most times its impossible to use cuz of the glitch and Sprint signal coverage is sparse in my area, will be looking into Verizon real soon

Highlighted
Master

DaniClifton

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns. I just wanted to clarify a couple of things. While at the store, did the technician troubleshoot your device any at all? Did you receive the replacement through the store or via customer care over the phone? I have heard that a hard reset of the device has worked but I would rather have a technician work on your device because a hard reset is a last resort option. 

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

lzqwhr2013,

Thanks for the post. Please allow me to have a look at your service area. For that I will need your zip and cross streets. Much appreciated!

Sean L

Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat