cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it really too much to ask!!! We are waiting, but for how much longer.

Journeyman

Is it really too much to ask!!! We are waiting, but for how much longer.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that Sprint has ignored them for quite some time now. The latest catch phrase is "Dare To Compare" and I will have something to say about this but first;  Why has Sprint so blatantly ignored so many of its once top devices and the customers that own them? It has gotten so bad that their tech guys, the guys who should be in the know, have lied to Sprints customers. I mean come on already.  The Epic Touch is long overdue for the ics update. All the other carriers have released this very important update to their customers, that is except Sprint. And it is not only the Epic Touch but also several others including the darling of Sprint the HTC.  It adds alot of functionality to your smartphone.  Also, and probably even more important people need this update to use many of the new apps made with ics in mind and apps that have recieved retooling from there developers  to make use of the expanded capabilities offered by ics. I recommend that anyone who is currious about what exactly ics brings to the table and why it is a needed and important update check out the XDA Developers web site. They can explain it far better than I. But be fore warned, you will be VERY upset with Sprint for holding out on you not to even mention the apps that you have paid for that have ceased working because your phone is still limping along with a far outdated version of Android. It may cause you some very hurt feelings and rightfuly so to suspect, as so many many others stuck in this terrible situation, that Sprint has made everyone wait to line their pockets with profit gained through carefuly planned bad customer service. You see sprint has some new smartphones that they  have been having trouble selling the Galaxy S3 with the latest version of Android being just one of several phones that less than a year ago making them alot of money. So much so that the release of these new phones so soon after our now obsolete phones became a costly inconvenience.  Now in order to sell these way overpriced and underpowered phones, at least by European standards,  tuey have to hold timely updates back from us. And yes what you are thinking is true, it is ethnically wrong and quite possibly worthy of a lawsuit since apps you have paid for no longer work on your phone because they have so woefully neglected providing some sort of device support for phones released only a year or less ago. I believe this could easily be proved to be the case.  Now how have they lied? Okay well samsung has had the updates ready for our phones for quite some time now. Same with HTC.  But as reps from BOTH cell phone manufactures have told many people they are not to blame. Sprint has  told them that they are not ready to release the updates. Now I have already told you why and it should be quickly adding up in your head.  Sprint is suffering from very poor management decisions. They have them selves stuck in a loop. They are constantly playing catch up with the other carriers who have made carefully thought out decisions that have put them at the top of their game. Somethings like the Apple deal should have been left on the back burner and entered into at a later date if at all ever. If Sprint would have concentrated on its Android commitments they would in all probability be the number one carrier by quite a healthy margin. Instead they have sacraficed the needs of its customers in order to recover from their poor decisions.  It has proved incredibly costly. Their customer base is erroding rapidly as smartphone users leave in droves to find useable data networks and devices that are kept up to date for reasonable lengths of time.  They dare to compare the cost of their plan against their competition without regard to its devices. This is very deceptive. For one Sprints 4G service is almost unusable because instead of working on its infrastructure and creating stable and workable systems they decided to piggy back onto Clearwires network.  What a mistake that has turned out to be. Their network is so overburdened that even in areas where 4G is well established people will find their phone spending the vast majority of time in 3G mode. Now that would not be so very awfull but for the fact that the network is still too overburdened. The cost is a near unusable speed most of the time. Really selling a plan as unlimited when the state of your network is in such disrepair is ethically and even morally wrong given the fact that they are well aware of the situation. It is only a come on, out of 3 gigs of monthly data use I find that in truth only about 20 %     to 25%      was actually meaningfully usable data. The rest was for the most part dropped dowloads, web pages that failed to load completely and the list could go on.  In fact if I add up what data I actually was able to use and data that I recieved that was utilized forsad  browsing, movies, downloads etc. I come in far under the 5 gig cap that other carriers with far more usable networks offer.  So can Sprint change the course it has chosen to follow. Yes. But it will take some tough decisions. Untill their data service is in a far more usable state of afairs it may be wise for sprint to throttle back the speed of their network, though at this point saying that is nearly an oxymoron.  Another suggestion is to bring some of the european powerhouse hardware to the United States to be quickly implemented into exhisting and future phones. Along this line it may be very wise of them to offer VERY generous credit to its customers to trade in their phones for devices that they should have expected to recieve in the first place.  Also  it may just well be time to eliminate certain other phones that do not opperate on the Andoid platform standard or the Apple platform. It is a shame to continue along the path with Apple but I have a feeling that the commitment Sprint made to Apple is just far to costly to walk away from.  Sprint can save itself but whether it does or decides to let things be, make as much money as possible, and have an eye toward a declaration of bankruptcy followed by absorption into a mega carrier like TMobile or some other company. It may not be to wise for Sprint to " Dare to Compare" at this time. They have little or nothing to blow their horn about at the present time. They will continue to hemorage customers till they take some very drastic and game changing measures. Untill then all I can say is that 5gigs is really an awfull lot of data and is more than enough for most data users. So look carefuly at the other carriers. They have superior equipment, they will most likely implement European standrds  way before Sprint and as a result make their phones and data plans even more attractive than they already are when compared to Sprints unlimited data and enemic phones. That is just my opinion for whatever it is worth to anyone.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Is it really too much to ask!!! We are waiting, but for how much longer.

You don't seriously believe that anyone read that giant square of type, do you?

Paragraph breaks are no extra charge, so why not use them and get your rant read?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Is it really too much to ask!!! We are waiting, but for how much longer.

Rants cause ones grasp of language conventions to slide by the wayside, kinda like  the quality of Sprints service.  Besides I am only venting to the choir, it is not like anyone has not seen simular posted.  If anyone reads it I hope they dont get too out of breath.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat