cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Stolen Phone = How To Get It Removed From Naughty List Again???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lost Stolen Phone = How To Get It Removed From Naughty List Again???

Bought phone through Walmart linked vendor (VIPOUTLET), checked IEMI # with Sprint so I could start service and they tell me it shows lost or stolen. * Read a few posts here and it seems to happen a lot and the solution mostly seems a rep from Sprint will comment and help you get your phone off the naughty list. Please help!  I did contact Walmart and they did a joint phone call with the seller (VIP) and the only thing they are willing to do is refund, and then I can get another phone through them, more expensive. Maybe the whole thing is a scam but I wanted to try here first before sending it back to them. Please help if you can I am willing to give all the info I know. = ColoradoRobert   

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

To confirm, the phone was flagged as lost/stolen on someone else's account? This phone is not coming from your account?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted

Here is what I have done so far and to answer your question = No.... I do not have a Sprint account yet and that is why I purchased this cheap phone so that I could try out Sprint.  * So looking under settings on this phone and then about phone, I can see the lady's name + email at sprintpcs.com and the phone's phone number which is an area code in Tulsa, OK; which unfortunately has 35 different zip codes. You need to know the right zip to go any further when you go to the Asurion insurance site (covers most smartphones in America), to file something maybe to get it off the list (pure speculation on my part). What a horrible mess and by the way in the settings it says the account is still active???    

Highlighted

We would have to be able to access the account to remove the flag. To access the account, you would have to provide authentication and their phone number. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted

Another thing I did is sent the person an email asking if she could help remove it from the stolen/lost list by starting a claim at Asurion. She has 2 addresses = one in the phone that I now own and another address on the Asurion site to the point I could not get any further to proceed with the claim or inquiry. 

@RedCruzr_Sprint wrote:

We would have to be able to access the account to remove the flag. To access the account, you would have to provide authentication and their phone number. 

Highlighted

"provide authentication and their phone number." What authentication?  

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat