cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My NOTE 8 Keep locking up

Go to solution
Journeyman

My NOTE 8 Keep locking up

At least once a day my Note 8 like to lockup on random screens and I have to reboot.  Sometimes I would be on youtube and when it freezes I close all apps and the sound to that video is still playing in the background. So I'm restarting my phone once or twice a day.

Will the release of Oreo fix most of these bugs and when is that expected?

9 REPLIES 9
GrandMaster

Re: My NOTE 8 Keep locking up

youre the only one so far that i have seen that has ran into this. try and cache/partition wipe on your device and see if that fixes anything..you might opt to reboot the phone into safe mode to see if maybe the freezing is being caused by an app..if it still happens while in safe mode THEN attempt the cache/partition wipe..if THAT doenst fix it you might be in for a factory reset..but do the other two first with testing in between them.

do you happen to notice if it pops up while doing anything specific? listening to music while doing other things on the phone (multi tasking)?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I will give it a try.
Most of the time I am not doing multiple things.

It has also started notifying me that my Spen is out when it's not.  This happens while I'm driving and it's mounted or I sit the phone down. I do not drop it to the surface but if I don't carefully place it it says I removed the pen. 

Master

First, check your memory, RAM and internal. Make sure your internal is not under 5Gb and RAM not under 2.
If they are good, you can try wiping cache. That helps clearing any install issues and OS waste. This will not wipe your phone.
Turn phone off, Press and hold Volume up + Bixby + Power in the same time till you see the droid in a blue screen.
It will say installing updates and after few seconds it will show a dropped droid with a warning sign and it will go to recovery mode.
Using volume up and down you can select Wipe Cache. Press power button to select it.
Hopefully this will help.
Please let us know.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

I am seeing something different that you are describing.  It is taking me into the Download Mode/ Odin Mode

GrandMaster

do the cache wipe on the phone..odds are you might end up needing to do a factory reset..hopefully not but i have a feeling you might.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Reset complete.

GrandMaster

repost once you get everything back on. would rather you run it stock for a bit to make sure it wasnt caused by something that was downloaded but if you have already added your apps back you can flip it into safe mode to test against that if you run into this again.

for now though run it for the day..if it pops back up repost in here. also was this purchased from Sprint or directly from Samsung?
Journeyman

I had to get a new device

GrandMaster

thats a bummer..well not fully a bummer..you got a new phone to replace your bunk one..kinda wish it was figured out what the cause of the issue was though..im guessing since they replaced it it was hardware and not software.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat