cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PC won't recognize my Reclaim?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have Vista & have downloaded the latest Microsoft moble device driver, & so far I still can't get my PC to recognize my Reclaim. Also tried the phone on another PC running Vista with no success. The phone shows up in Device Manager under USB devices, but thats it. Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: My PC won't recognize my Reclaim?

What are you trying to do with it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would like to take some pictures off my phone & add some songs, also.

Highlighted
Master

If you want to transfer data to/from the SD card, you can put the phone in "mass storage" mode:

- Go to the Menu (home icon on the one-click carousel)
- Tools
- Mass Storage (6)
- Connect to PC (1)

Then connect your USB cable and the SD card should show up as a drive in My Computer.

Highlighted
Master

Sprint : How Do I Transfer Pictures or Videos Between My SPH-M560 (Reclaim) Phone And My Computer?

How Do I Transfer Pictures or Videos Between My SPH-M560 (Reclaim) Phone And My Computer?

The SPH-M560 (Reclaim) handset features four different methods to transfer pictures from the handset to a PC. Click on each of them listed below for details.

SPH-M560 (Reclaim) Picture/Video Transfer Methods

USB Cable

Memory Card

MMS Message

Bluetooth

WARNING: Do NOT disconnect the USB cable from the PC or handset during file transfer as this may cause damage to the handset or PC

Please Note: The SPH-M560 (Reclaim) handset includes support for Digital Rights Management (DRM) which allows you to play or view some purchased or subscription content. These copyright protections may prevent some images, videos, music (including ringtones) and other content from being copied, modified, transferred or forwarded to other devices.

USB Cable

To transfer pictures via USB cable follow the steps below:

1. Power down the handset
  2. Remove the battery cover and insert a memory card into the memory card slot located on the upper right side (Hint: copper leads will face down)
  3. Connect the compatible USB data cable to both the PCs USB port and the handsets Power/Accessory interface connector
  4. From the carousel's Home tile , press the OK button for the Main Menu
  5. Select Tools (0)
  6. Select Mass Storage (6)
  7. Select Connect To PC (1)
    • The handset will display "Connect to PC - Call disabled"
    • The PC will display a Removable Disk dialog box.
  8. Click on the "Open Folder To View Files" option and then click OK or open Windows Explorer manually

1. Navigate to locate pictures and/or videos on the handset or PC
  2. Copy & Paste or Drag & Drop desired pictures and videos to the desired destination folder on the PC or memory card
  3. On the handset, press the right soft key for Disconnect
  4. Press the left soft key to confirm disconnection from the PC

Memory Card

To transfer pictures (via a memory card), from the SPH-M560 (Reclaim) handset, to a PC requires a microSD Memory Card, Memory Card Adaptor & Memory Card Reader. The microSD memory card must first be formatted, by the handset, in order for the handset to create the destination folders.

WARNING:Formatting the microSD Memory Card will permanently erase all data

To transfer pictures (via a memory card), from the SPH-M560 (Reclaim) handset, to a PC follow the steps below:

1. Remove the memory card slot cover
  2. Carefully insert a microSD memory card, gold contacts down, into the memory card slot, located on the right side of the device, until it locks in place
  1. Replace the memory card slot cover
  2. Format the microSD memory card
  3. Take the Picture(s) or Video(s)
  4. From the carousel's Home tile , press the OK button for the Main Menu
  5. Select Photos (7)
  6. Select My Albums (4)
  7. Highlight either In Phone or Memory Card, using the navigation keys, then press the OK button to view the contents
  8. Highlight each desired Picture or Video then press the OK button to check their box
  9. Press the right soft key for Options
  10. Select Copy/Move (7)
  11. Highlight one of the following:
    • Copy This (1)
    • Move This (2)
  12. Press the OK button to transfer the Picture(s) or Video(s) to or from the microSD memory card
  13. Open the memory card slot cover
  14. Gently press in on the memory card to partially eject the microSD memory card
  15. Remove the microSD memory card from the handset
  16. Replace the memory card slot cover
  17. Insert the microSD memory card into the memory card adaptor
  18. Insert the memory card adaptor into the memory card reader
  19. Insert the memory card reader into the USB slot on the PC
  20. Navigate to the Photo location, using Windows Explorer
  21. Drag and drop or copy & paste the Photo(s) or Video(s) into the desired destination on the PC

MMS Message

Once a picture or video is taken, it is automatically saved to the In Phone handset folder, unless a memory card is detected, depending on the save to setting. From the In Phone folder, you can send pictures or videos to others, with a compatible device, via Sprint PCS Picture Mail. The first time you use any of the picture management options involving the Sprint PCS Picture Mail Web site, you will need to establish a Sprint PCS Picture Mail password. This password will also allow you to sign in to the Sprint PCS Picture Mail Web site to access and manage your uploaded pictures and albums.

Please contact your service provider for any assistance with the Sprint PCS Picture Mail service.

Service Provider Contact Information

Note: If your Sprint PCS Service Plan does not include Sprint PCS Picture Mail, you will first be prompted to subscribe to the service for an additional monthly charge.

To send pictures and videos via an MMS message follow the steps below:

1. From the carousel's Home tile , press the OK button for the Main Menu
  2. Select Photos (7)
  3. Select My Albums (4)
  4. Highlight In Phone or Memory Card then press the OK button
  5. Highlight a picture or video then press the OK button to check their box(es) (Hint: You may select multiple pictures and videos)
  6. Press the right soft key for Options
  7. Select Send (1)
  8. Select via Picture Mail (1)
  9. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete transfer

Bluetooth

To transfer pictures and videos via Bluetooth follow the steps below:

1. Ensure the target device is on, in pairing mode, and in range
  2. From the carousel's Home tile , press the OK button for the Main Menu
  3. Select Photos (7)
  4. Select My Albums (4)
  5. Highlight either In Phone or Memory Card, using the navigation keys, then press the OK button
  6. Highlight the desired picture or video, using the navigation keys
  7. Press the right soft key for Options
  8. Select Send (1)
  9. Select Via Bluetooth (2)
    • If prompted, select Yes (1) to enable Bluetooth
    • Highlight the desired picture or video, using the navigation keys
    • Press the right soft key for Options
    • Select Send (1)
    • Select Via Bluetooth (2)
  10. Make the other Bluetooth device visible & turn on Bluetooth
  11. Select Yes (1) to search for the other Bluetooth device
  12. Highlight the found Bluetooth device, using the navigation keys
  13. Press the left soft key to Select the Bluetooth device
  14. Select Yes (1) at the "Do you want to send files?" prompt
  15. Enter the numeric PIN (0000) then press the OK key
  16. You will see a brief message stating "Pairing"
  17. Enter the numeric PIN (0000) on the other Bluetooth device
  18. Select to exchange data on the other Bluetooth device
Highlighted
Master

Sprint : How Do I Transfer MP3 Files To My SPH-M560 (Reclaim) Phone?

How Do I Transfer MP3 Files To My SPH-M560 (Reclaim) Phone?

To transfer MP3 files (via a memory card), from a PC, to the SPH-M560 (Reclaim) handset requires having a microSD Memory Card, Memory Card Adaptor & Memory Card Reader.  The handset also has the capability to transfer MP3 files from a PC to a memory card, residing in the handset, using an USB data cable.  In addition, MP3 files can be downloaded or transferred via Bluetooth, Windows Media Player and Windows Explorer (Mass Storage).  Below is a list of different methods covered in this article, click on the method which best suits your needs for detailed instructions.

Methods to Transfer MP3 Files

WARNING: Do NOT disconnect the USB data cable from the PC or handset during file transfer as this may cause damage to the handset or PC

Note: The SPH-M560 (Reclaim) handset includes support for Digital Rights Management (DRM) which allows you to play or view some purchased or subscription content. These copyright protections may prevent some images, videos, music (including ringtones) and other content from being copied, modified, transferred or forwarded.

Using Mass Storage & USB Cable

The PC Connection feature allows you transfer files from a PC to the handset's microSD memory card. Note: Transferring files requires a direct USB connection between a PC and the handset along with a microSD memory card.

Caution: The plug-in microSD memory card and its contents can be easily damaged by scratches or bending.  Use caution when inserting or removing the card and keep all memory cards out of reach of children.

Important: Please note that the minimum size limit for the microSD memory card is 32MB. This phone does support the use of a microSDHC 16GB capacity memory card.

WARNING: Do NOT disconnect the USB data cable from the PC or handset during file transfer as this may cause damage to the handset or PC

To transfer MP3 files using the PC Connection feature follow the steps below:

2. Insert a microSD memory card, gold contacts down, into the memory card slot, located on the right side of the device, until it locks in place
  3. Connect the USB data cable to a USB port on the PC
  4. Insert the remaining end of the USB data cable into the handset's power interface connector
  5. If necessary, complete the "Found New Hardware" wizard on the PC (The PC will display "New Device Detected" and a new drive letter will be assigned for the handset)
  6. From the carousel's Home tile , press the OK key for Menu
  7. Select Tools (0)
  8. Select Mass Storage (6)
  9. Select Connect to PC (1), if the handset has established an active connection to the PC, the LCD will display "Connected to PC & Call disabled"
  10. Browse to the file(s) location on the PC & copy the file(s)
  11. Open the new drive letter (Removable Disk) for the handset's memory card
  12. Drag n drop or copy & paste the file(s) into the new drive letter (Removable Disk) folder
  13. When you have copied & pasted all desired content press the right soft key for Disconnect
  14. Press the left soft key for Disconnect
  15. Disconnect the USB data cable from both the PC & handset
  16. You will now be able to view the file(s) from the microSD memory card

Using Windows Media Player & USB Cable

Sync Music

This option allows you to transfer music files from your PC. In order to use this option, you must load Windows Media Player 10 (or later) on your PC. Windows Media Player 10 is only compatible with Windows XP® operating systems. For setup of Windows Media Player 10, refer to the following resources:

Note: Before transferring files, you MUST format the microSD™/TransFlash™ memory card with PC format FAT32 or format using the phone

Caution: The plug-in microSD memory card and its contents can be easily damaged by scratches or bending.  Use caution when inserting or removing the card and keep all memory cards out of reach of children.

Important: Please note that the minimum size limit for the microSD memory card is 32MB. This phone does support the use of a microSDHC 16GB capacity memory card.

To transfer MP3 files, to a memory card, using the Windows Media Player's Sync feature follow the steps below:

2. Insert a microSD memory card, gold contacts down, into the memory card slot, located on the upper right side of the device, until it locks in place
  3. Connect the USB data cable to a USB port on the PC
  4. Insert the remaining end of the USB data cable into the handset's power interface connector
  5. From the carousel's Home tile , press the OK key for Menu
  6. Select Tools (0)
  7. Select Mass Storage (6)
  8. Select Connect to PC (1)
  9. The handset will display the message, Connected to PC & Call Disabled
  10. Open Windows Media Player 10 on your PC and select the SYNC option or tab
  11. The left-hand side of the Windows Media Player will display the files on your PC, under Playlist or Library
  12. Check the songs you want to download or drag the songs to the Sync List, located on the right side
  13. Press the Start Sync button, located on the upper left-hand side or bottom right side, of the Windows Media Player
  14. A Synchronization complete message will appear, on the phone or PC, when downloading is complete
  15. To return to standby mode, press the right soft key for Disconnect then press the left soft key for Disconnect
  16. Now it is safe to disconnect the USB data cable from the handset & PC

Via Memory Card From A PC

To transfer (via a memory card) MP3 files, from a PC, to the handset follow the steps below:

1. Insert the microSD memory card into the memory card adaptor
  2. Insert the memory card adaptor into the memory card reader
  3. Connect the memory card reader to the PC’s USB port
  4. Copy desired MP3 files from the PC hard drive
  5. Paste the MP3 files into the memory card
  6. Remove the microSD memory card from the memory card adaptor
  7. Open the memory card slot cover on the handset
  8. Insert a microSD memory card, gold contacts down, into the memory card slot, located on the upper right side of the device, until it locks in place
  2. From the carousel's Home tile , press OK button for Menu
  3. Select Tools (0)
  4. Select Mass Storage (6)
  5. Select File Manager (2)
  6. Select Memory Card (2)
  7. Highlight the MP3 file, using the navigation keys
  8. Press the right soft key for Options
  9. Select Copy (6)
  10. Highlight the desired MP3 File(s) then press the OK button to check their boxes
  11. Press the left soft key for Done
  12. Select Phone (1) to copy MP3 file(s) to the Phone memory
  13. Navigate to the desired destination in the phone memory then press the left soft key for Paste

Via Bluetooth From Another Phone

To transfer MP3 files, via Bluetooth®, from another phone to the Samsung handset follow the steps below:

Note: Both devices must support the Bluetooth FTP (File Transfer Profile)

On the Samsung SPH-M560 (Reclaim) handset

1. From the carousel's Home tile , turn Bluetooth® On
  2. Change the handset’s Bluetooth® visibility to On

On the phone with MP3 files

1. While in standby mode, activate Bluetooth® by turning it On
  2. Search for new Bluetooth® devices
  3. Highlight the phone name (SPH-M560), using the navigation keys
  4. Exchange the PIN Codes on both devices to pair the phones (the default code is “0000”)
  5. Browse for the desired MP3 file(s)
  6. Transfer data from phone to phone

1. Accept exchanging data

Note: For information or assistance related to configuration, specifications and instructions of the Non-Samsung device please contact the manufacturer of said device.

Via Bluetooth Adapter From A PC

To transfer (via a Bluetooth® adaptor), MP3 files, from a PC, to the Samsung handset follow the steps below:

1. From the carousel's Home tile , turn Bluetooth® On
  2. Change the handset’s Bluetooth® visibility to On

On the PC

1. Connect the Bluetooth® adaptor to the PC’s USB port
  2. Search for Bluetooth® devices
  3. Select the device to pair with the PC
  4. Exchange PIN code(s) on both the PC & handset to pair devices (default pass code is “0000”)
  5. Using Windows explorer, locate the desired MP3 file(s)
  6. Right click on the MP3 file
  7. Select send to Bluetooth® then select the handset

1. Accept incoming data from the PC
Highlighted
Master

Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks! very helpful

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that this info was very helpful. Thanks!

Patron

thx!

Highlighted
Journeyman

this link does not work! I cannot seem to get these pictures to transfer~I have 99 pictures in my phone and it says there are no pictures to transfer when I try to transfer them! I can see the pictures in the phone~why can't this be easy!!!!!!!!!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat