Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S 4G

Journeyman

Nexus S 4G

Recently lost my phone and obviously requested a new one trough insurance claims...

phone will be coming activated and ready to use...

my major concern is...

will all my data such as pictures, paid applications, free applications, contacts ETC ETC be tranfered automatically to my new phone?

Phone was lost so I dont have acess to it anymore, obviously

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

no one?

Master

Hello and apologies for the delay in our response.   Pictures and music are stored solely in the internal mass storage of the device.  Only if you backed up your information using a USB cable prior to this incident would you be able to restore your information to your replacement phone.  Your contacts are on Google's servers or in your gmail account.  Simply reloading the same gmail email to your replacement phone will bring back your contacts.  Our condolences on your misfortune. 

Tom

Master

Additionally, there are many backup applications available in Google Play Store such as

Lookout Security & Antivirus

Did you have an application like this installed to your phone prior to it being lost? Also you mentioned that you filed an "insurance claim" meaning you have Total Equipment Protection.  Did Asurion not offer to try and "locate" your device for you? 

Journeyman

they offered to locate it but no luck... and I downloaded all free and paid apps and everything is gone? have to start all games, pics apps storage apps and I dont have my old phone so I cant transfer anything.. I guess Ill start everything from zero again... thanks

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat