cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sim card message after update, Note 8

Journeyman

No sim card message after update, Note 8

The same day I installed a system update containing security patches my phone had it's first "No Sim Card" message.  Restarting the phone multiple times did not solve the problem.   After shutting the phone down and rebooting it the problem went away.  The problem occurred many times in that same day and eventually went to a every day to every few day cycle.  Since that time there has been two more updates with all three happening in within month to a month and half.  As that is abnormal to see so many updates in that period of time I keep hoping that Sprint know of the problem and is working to fix it.  No luck, still happens at least once week.  Recently, it happens multiple times a day.

I have taken the sim card out with the power off, cleaned it, reinstalled and restarted the phone.  But problem still comes back.

Never had any problems with the phone before the update.  Please help  ThanksInkedNo Sim Card.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: No sim card message after update, Note 8

Hmm, that's really weird. Lets work together, to figure this out. Are you a current customer of Sprint?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Yes, I am currently a Sprint subscriber. Getting ready to try resetting the phone to factory settings. Then reloading just the basics for a couple of days.

Fairly sure the problem is due to the first update. From memory, the software got hung during install.  I cannot remember what happened, but I think it was stuck at the 100% complete screen for at least 30 minutes. I forced a reboot with the power button. Again, these details are not set in stone but should be close to what happened.  I did not even remember this until yesterday.

Do you agree to reset to factory? Any steps I should take before doing it?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizard

I would back everything up, before doing the factory reset.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat