cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 5 unable to unlock phone

Journeyman

Note 5 unable to unlock phone

I've called sprint support numerous times, and each time they insist my note 5 has been unlocked. However when ever I click uicc unlock in settings I get the message "You can currently only use your service provider UICC with this device. To use a different UICC, contact your service provider"

I tried using a valid T-mobile sim at a T-mobile store, but it wouldn't work. The phone screen would just say emergency calls only.

What's going on? Unlocking a phone shouldn't be this hard

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Note 5 unable to unlock phone

Hi @HYPOCHONDRIAC, have you done the data profile update or the uicc unlock while having a Sprint SIM in the device? If you have and you are still getting the same message, let us know so we can further assist you.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've done both, I've also tried both while connected to just wifi

Journeyman

@HYPOCHONDRIAC Thank you for the information. We'd like to check the device status, I will send you a private message in a bit.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm also having the same issue. UICC keeps telling the phone is locked and sprint service person keep telling it's unlock. However, it is still locked

I've been trying to get Sprint to unlock my Samsung Note 4 phone. The phone keeps telling me that it is UICC locked when I put any sim card into the slot. 

I've tried an at&t sim card, roger's canada sim card and CSL hong kong sim card all give me the phone sim is not valid

I've called the tech support team and they provided the MSO. This code is useless to me as I'm never prompted by the phone for a code.

I seen other people able to unlock the through Sprint.

This is becoming very frustrating at the level of service that Sprirt is providing or the lack of.

What is the deal hereNote 4.jpgRoger's sim card

Hello @dkao101.

Please note that not all devices are capable of being unlocked, often because of the manufacturer's device designs.

Devices and device models introduced before February 2015 cannot be unlocked to accept a different domestic carrier's SIM for use on another domestic carrier's network.

There's no technological process available to SIM unlock devices that are not Domestic SIM Unlock capable.

The MSL code may allow access to the inner programming of the device, so another carrier can attempt to reflash/reprogram the device to work on their network.

If you would like to verify if your device is capable of being unlocked internationally, see the link below to contact our international department:

Sprint Worldwide contacts

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat