cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 having issue with MMS.

Journeyman

Note 8 having issue with MMS.

My note 8 can not download mms. Do i need to set the MMS Port for it to work? And what is the number of the port i should set it to? I went and tried to set APN and that's when i noticed the MMS port is not set. I called Sprint customer service and she was supposed to call me back within 10 minutes to give me enough time to reboot the phone and have someone send me mms to see if it is working after she reset on her end, but that 10 minutes was over an hour ago. Didn't get a call back yet. 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Note 8 having issue with MMS.

I send and receive TONS of pictures. Have you tried sending yourself a picture to see if you get it?

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

I can receive and send if I am the one sending to myself. But can not download it when it comes from another person. 

Wizard

It sounds like maybe MMS are blocked. Have you checked setting to make sure?

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Journeyman

Yes, have checked it and the issue isn't on my end because after i called cutomer service in the past it started to tarted to work. But lately it's happening again. I called customer service again this time and since I am using the phone while talking to the customer service i could not reboot it while using the phone at the same time. She told me she would call me back in 10 minutes, but 10 minutes was last Saturday. 🙂 i hadn't heard back. 

Wizard

All righty. Resetting the network always seems to work best for me. So let's try that and see if that fixes the issue.

For the Note 8: dial ##72786#. There will be a message that will state that we're doing a factory reset. It's ok, it only applies to the network settings. The phone will shut off, then reboot.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Sure this is only the network and my files not going to be lost, right? 

Journeyman

I've been reading everywhere to find solution with MMS problem. I read about APN. In mine the APN is blank. Could that be the reason of my MMS problem? 

Wizard

When they are sending the video is it prompting them to condense it before they send it? 

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat