cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oreo Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oreo Update

I have an s8+ and I'm on the Oreo beta. This morning I got the software update G955USQU2CRB9. Did anyone else get this and if so, are you on the beta? The update is only 343.74 MB. I imagine it's so small because I'm already on "Oreo" and that would put me on the official build. Does anyone think that it would be better to downgrade back to nougat via smart switch and then upgrade to oreo to install the full update as intended or just go with this OTA to complete the transition? 

19 REPLIES 19
Journeyman

Re: Oreo Update

I got it as well yesterday March 17

Journeyman

Were you on beta before it?
Journeyman

Yesss and mines said the same thing 

Journeyman

I guess beta testers did get 1 day early. I hear that Sprint non beta testers are already getting it today. Did you install it yesterday?
Journeyman

Yes ik... yes I  install mines yesterday 

Journeyman

It's exactly the same to me, as beta 7 worked perfectly for me. The only difference I see is that I wasn't able to use Google Pay with the beta because it didn't recognize the beta 7 build number and thought I was rooted, but now I can. The only other thing I'm hoping for is better battery life. I guess I'll see. Anything different or better for you thus far?
Journeyman

Ooo ok ..yes and I  Now  Noticed that we can't put  Separate message ringtones for our content to know who's textn and that's mess up 

Journeyman

Does anyone know how to fix this. I like the different tone for contact texts

Journeyman

Hi @V7346583121, I was looking information on some forums I found this steps, Can you try it?

1. Open Contacts.
  2. Tap the contact you wish to set a custom ringtone for.
  3. Tap the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner.

4. Tap Set ringtone.
  5. Select the custom ringtone you added to the ringtones folder.
  6. Tap Save or OK.

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

That's not it that's for just the ringtone not for to set for message tone like b4 .. now the new update of oreo software won't show or have that  Option to set our contract a separate message ringtone .  only a ringtone when our contract calls. 

Wizard

Yes the Oreo Update is out it's about 1.5Gb so it will take a little longer to install overall its not bad but I Do Not like it that they took the Clear Badges Away.. 😞 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat