cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oreo on Note 8

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oreo on Note 8

When are we getting the official Oreo update for the Note 8? I would rather get a stable, OTA update than use ODIN as described recently on XDA. Any ideas? Thx.

15 REPLIES 15
Sprint Social Care

Re: Oreo on Note 8

At this moment @bamf76 We don't have that information available. Once we have it, we will let our customers know about it.

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

samsung announced through internal sources that oreo has been FOTA starting yesterday in france, and soon shall hit the USA. other carriers are testing now on the NOTE 8. All betas are complete. The only time that carriers abounce the distribution is well after the FOTAs have distributed. Please ladies and gents contact samsung for verification.

Journeyman

The s8 got it a few days ago, girlfriends device updated.   Breaks text alerts, she can't set an alert per contact, they are all the same now.  Are we looking forward to this great new feature? 

Journeyman

france is done, india now getting oreo and some EU countries. the states must be next. it long overdue and seems quite insulting of samsung being so tardy in their ways.

GrandMaster

the states are ALWAYS after Europe. been this way for years.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

I'll hopefully have news to share about this in the next day or so, if everything goes well.  There are always tweaks and testing to be done but it looks like we're very close.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

AT&T already got it today. 

Journeyman

Is there a better estimate than close?  days... week?

Journeyman

@agoldmanwrote:

Is there a better estimate than close?  days... week?

its spoken that within 3 weeks as of 4 days ago that all carriers will have it sent. I've asked samsung, samsung said ask sprint, and sprint don't know. they wonder why we are upset.

Journeyman

@bamf76wrote:

When are we getting the official Oreo update for the Note 8? I would rather get a stable, OTA update than use ODIN as described recently on XDA. Any ideas? Thx.

i usually get security updates by now, BUT SINCE oreo will have it included, its still up to the waiting game.

Journeyman

If att already released it, Sprint already has it.   Att got it Monday out to users. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat