Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing MMS images Auto-Compressed and very Blurry / Pixelated

Highlighted
Patron

Outgoing MMS images Auto-Compressed and very Blurry / Pixelated

I have a Samsung Conquer (SPH D600) and am on an unlimited data plan.  When I receive images by text message they look fine, but when I send a photo by text it is blurry and pixelated.  The image is perfectly clear when I take it.  It's clearly being auto-compressed, but I can't find any setting in the camera or text message apps to change this.  Can someone help me out?  There's no reason for it to do this.  It looks worse than pictures I've sent on much older phones with lower MP.

Thanks,

Jordan

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Outgoing MMS images Auto-Compressed and very Blurry / Pixelated

JWLgh, I checked out the phone and was able to duplicate this. I don't show any documentation on it being a known issue so I am still researching and will post here again when I get something. Just a few questions...have you always had this issue? or when did you notice it? Does it only happen when you send directly from the gallery or if you attach the picture from the messaging app too? Are you using a third party messaging app or stock? What software version are you running on the device? You can check by going to settings/about phone/system updates/software.

techsavvy101

Highlighted
Patron

Thank you for looking into this for me, tech.  I have only tried to send photos from the gallery.  I've just tested it by attaching from within the messaging app, but got the same result.  I have GOsms, but I also have the messaging app that came on the phone.  I tried it with both before posting this, and had the same result.  The one from GO looked more blurry, the one from the default more pixelated, but the result was the same.  I have Android 2.3.4 and Gingerbread.ef15.  When I go to "system updates" in "about phone", it doesn't tell me the current software, only lists options to update it.

To be honest, after the horrible software update from 4/4 which deleted things from my phone, I asked a tech to restore my phone to the software it had when I bought it.  Unfortunately, for some reason he installed a much older version.  I did not have this problem before then.  Still, if there is a fix that does not involve the FC17 update (and consequently losing things again) then I would like to find it.  It just doesn't make sense for a smart 3MP phone to send cr*p photos.

Patron

Hello,

I think I was able to resolve the issue; the settings in GOsms were just not intuitive.  Once I managed to locate them, there was a new setting that creates a maximum size on outgoing MMS files.  I've now disabled it.  Thanks for your help!

Jordan

Highlighted

JWLgh,

Sorry about the late response, I had not been online. Glad to know everything is working out for you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a galaxy note 4. My pictures are also clear but becomes blurry if I send it by text, facebook, email, ect. Please help! My note 2 is so far better and I am disappointed.

Highlighted
Master

mairon,

I definitely understand your concerns. This is very common when sending photos from this device. When sending a large photo it is automatically compressed to be sent. If not, the photo will not send. When trying to send the photo, are you sending it to phones that are HD devices? This is similar to watching a movie on a HD television versus a standard television. I hope this shines some light on the situation.

Nellie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for your time!

That makes sense. When I transfer it over to my computer so I can take it to Costco to print, will it be blurry or just as clear as if looking in the gallery of my phone?

Also, the 3 main phones I send to are

Galaxy S5

Galaxy S4

IPhone (one of the newer ones that's not the 6)

So since the S5 came out about the same time as note 4, I would assume that it's HD. But the s5 still gets it blurry.

Highlighted
Master

mairon,

You're very welcome. I'm guessing it would depend on what type of printer Costco uses to print their photos. They should print out fine. Please let me know how they come out. As far as the devices you're sending photos to, you must understand that the Note 4's 5.7 inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display features more pixels per inch than any other display that Samsung has made thus far. So images are clearer on this device. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Don't forget to keep me posted about the prints from Costco.
Nellie
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat