cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures won't save to sd card s9+

Journeyman

Pictures won't save to sd card s9+

Got a s9+. After a picture is taken it won't save to sd card. Get a blank screen. Have remounted sd card.

7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Social Care

Re: Pictures won't save to sd card s9+

Hello cilj23, thanks for contacting us! Please make sure that pictures are set to be saved on the SD card.

Follow the below steps to set your default storage setting for photos and videos taken with your camera:

Tap Apps> Tap Camera> Tap the Settings icon (in some devices you may need to tap the arrow at the top right of the screen first)> Tap Storage Location> Tap Memory Card or SD Card to save to the SD card.

Please let us know the outcome and if after these steps photos are being saved on the SD Card.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

That setting is correct. I still get a blank grey screen with a small circle with an exclamation point in the middle. It works fine saving to device storage.

Sprint Social Care

Understood cilj23! Could you try to clear the cache and data on your camera application? You can do that by going to Settings>Apps>Camera and tapping Storage. Then clear the cache and data in the options there. Then please take a picture and try to have it automatically sent to the SD card, to see if it still behaves the same way.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

That didn't work. The sd card I brought over from my s7 edge probably is bad. 

Sprint Social Care

Thanks for the update cilj23, in this case, our recommendation would be trying a different SD card to verify if the issue persists.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It was the sd card. Thx

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey cilj23, thanks for the update! Have a wonderful rest of your day. Smiley Happy

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat