cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Duplicate Text Messages

Journeyman

Receiving Duplicate Text Messages

Yesterday I start receiving duplicate text messages from everyone texting me.

Have no clue what caused this.

I have cleared my cache, tried going back to default settings.

Any suggestions?

14 REPLIES 14
GrandMaster

Re: Receiving Duplicate Text Messages

did you perform a network reset? also which phone and which texting app are you using? stock or another one from the play store?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I am having the same problem. I have been in touch with tech support. We have wiped the cache, updated PRL, restarted phone, etc. No one seems able to tell me how to get rid of this. I am sending duplicates and receiving duplicates all day long! HELP

GrandMaster

same questions to you. which phone? and is this while out and about or while at home/at work connected to wifi?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hi, Samsung Note 8. Both on wifi and when not on wifi. Thanks!

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

same questions to you. which phone? and is this while out and about or while at home/at work connected to wifi?

@TNUTALL, Are you connected to a Airave in your home? What kind of device are you using? Are you using a third party messaging app, like GO SMS PRO or any other app?

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Journeyman

Hi, no airave. And this happens in my home and elsewhere. I use the default messaging app. Thanks

Ok, go into your settings and click on App Manager. Then scroll to your message app and click on it. Tap on storage and clear the cache. Then exit out of the settings, and restart the device. Then after the device turns back on, have someone that you've been getting duplicate messages from, text you and let me know what happens.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Journeyman

Hi have cleared the cache for every app as well as clearing the cache on the phone. None of those things have helped. Thanks

Can I get cross streets and a zip code where you are currently? I'd like to see how the towers are in your area.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Journeyman

i have the Note 8 and I am using the Stock app

Journeyman

this happens at home and out.
on wifi and off
I am on the note 8
I do not use 3rd party text app

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat