cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reclaim and ringtone and wallpaper problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

Reclaim and ringtone and wallpaper problems

I like the Reclaim so far. Last week my Centro was dropped and the screen cracked, so I thought I'd go a little less smart phone with my upgrade and really liked the whole eco friendly stuff from the Reclaim.

With that disclaimer out of the way { } I'm highly disappointed that we can't use our own MP3s as ringtones. It's very odd. But ok, so I went to the Sprint store and bought a ringtone I wanted to use. I web sync-ed it to my Reclaim. I can see it in the music player. But it's not showing up under the ringers. It keeps telling me to download some. Actually I bought two, and neither of them are showing up. Is it possible I did something wrong? I would think the phone could tell what's a ringtone and what's not ...

Then, another issue is the wallpapers. Course the wallpapers it came with are beautiful, but I wanted to change to one of my own photos. The picture looks fine when I view it in my albums. But when I assign it as a wallpaper, it loses alot of resolution. Anyone know why this would happen? I don't think it's an issue with my phone, as I've seen online that other people are complaining about this as well.

3 REPLIES 3
Patron

Re: Reclaim and ringtone and wallpaper problems

I apologize I cannot offer any insight to the wallpaper issue or why your downloads didn't go through, but I have a suggestion as far as getting free mp3 ringtones. I also own this phone (love it!), and I'm not keen on paying for ringers. I use free ringtone sites like www.myxer.com, www.phonezoo.com, and www.zedge.com. You can upload the song of your choice on the site, and customize it to what you want to hear when your phone rings . It'll send a text message with a link, and all you do is click on it and you can download it straight to your phone. Hope it can be of use to you!

njVWgirlie

Journeyman

Thanks!

That worked great. Though now I'm worried that my phone is actually messed up. I assigned the ringtone, and it said it's assigned and it shows as being assigned. Yet it's not playing that ringtone, it's playing the one from the phone I had set before.

Truth be told, I like the ringtones the phone came with. But I've had this particular ringer for every phone I've had for like almost 10 years now. Plus it's just highly annoying that something isn't working like it should

Patron

Hmm...that does sound rather odd. I'd say try customer service or even going to a Sprint location so they can see what's up.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat