Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Highlighted
Journeyman

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Please participate and sign this petition if you have had a bad Exclaim experience!
This is not a SPRINT bashing thread.  I have been a customer for a decade an although I doubt SPRINT values my loyalty (thanks for the $4.00 fee because I won't give you direct access to my bank account) I really have no problem with them OTHER than the fact that they are selling phones that are essentially lemons as incentives for upgrades and contract extensions.
I got my first Exclaim in August 2009.  That phone passed quietly into the night in about three weeks time after giving me the often fabled but seldom seen, "Black Screen of Death."  My second Exclaim functioned perfectly for a while but then after several months started dropping texts, losing texts and not receiving texts.  At that time I could not find much online support for my experience, but now it is OBVIOUS that this phone is a problem and needs to be fixed. 
Many of you have posted about having the same issues, constantly deleting memory, being unable to download upgrades, being told that the memory is full when in fact there is plenty available, tech support being unable to help.  Everything that I have read here is exactly what I have experienced.  I also refuse to reformat and risk losing all my contacts and pics, etc...In the world of the I-Phone this *explicative* is simply UNACCEPTABLE.  It's hard to defend continued patronage at this point and I think both SPRINT and SAMSUNG should really be embarrassed for essentially providing us with the TOYOTA of cell phones in this highly competitive and innovated cellular market.
That being said, I would like to confront SPRINT with the number of people who are dissatisfied with their Exclaim experience.  If you have purchased this phone and have had to have it replaced or have simply had a sub par experience with it as an owner (MODERATOR NOTE: REQUESTING PERSONAL INFORMATION IS PROHIBITED ON THE COMMUNITY) 
the number of years you have been a customer, whether or not you paid full price or if the phone was an upgrade, how many years are left on your contract, and a brief description of your Exclaim experience.  Sprint and Samsung need to step up and do the responsible thing by either offering a permanent and suitable fix, providing another phone, or crediting an additional upgrade to our accounts (within our contracted period).  As consumers it is time that we push for a RECALL of the SAMSUNG EXCLAIM.  

Message was edited by: izzyks

130 REPLIES 130
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Sprint informed me that I am not allowed to request your personal information.  I assume they mean your first and last name (because I totally have time to stalk every Tim Johnson in America with a Sprint phone) and not the info on how much you spent on your craptastic Exclaim, whether or not it was an upgrade, and how much longer you have on your contract, etc...  I'm glad their ALL OVER their community guidelines but could give a rats about whether or not their phones actually live up to expectations or claims. AGAIN, please feel free to share your personal experiences with the Samsung Exclaim in this thread, as for the petition I will be taking it to FACEBOOK.   

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been a Sprint user since 1999 and upgraded to the Exclaim last summer.  I was able to get a second phone because of all the problems but am now having the same problems as before.  Sprint really needs to let us get a different phone.  It is ridiculous.  I am willing to pay the difference to a new upgrade.  I have over a year left on my contract.  Sprint needs to step up and do the right thing since they cannot fix the problems.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You and I are in the same boat, customer since about 99 and I have about 17 months left on my contract.  I agree with you.  I am willing to pay the difference between what I already paid for this phone and the upgrade price of a new phone.  I just wanted to get a handle on how many people were having this problem.  I guess it's just you and me, LOL!  My phone seems to get worse and worse with time.  I don't know how many texts I missed this weekend.  My phone kept buzzing and buzzing with that empty box and error message.  I honestly can't believe that Sprint and Samsung don't care that they are basically selling people garbage. Most people would just say, change providers.  But my mother, brother, best friend and other good friend are Sprint customers so I'd prefer to remain one too.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't have the Exclaim but I was going to get one until I read your post.What phone would you rather have?I need to get a new phone but I can't seem to settle on which to get.The Exclaim sounded good to me until now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Whatever you do PLEASE do NOT get an Exclaim, that is of course unless you want to spend your Saturday night missing your date with an investment banker because you couldn't get his texts and instead waited 70 minutes in the Sprint store for your software upgrade to finish.  I wanted a smart phone, not a sick infant.  Not to mention the first thing my phone did after being "fixed" was fail to complete a one-click upgrade.  I really don't know what phone to tell you to get.  As you can see this message board is filled with postings about phones acting strangely.  Honestly,  consider starting a new thread entitled "Who is completely satisfied with their phone?"and make your purchase based on those good reviews.  Yes, the Exclaim is quite tempting with it's dual-QWERTY slidability and whatnot but that phone is no more useful then text messaging with a hockey puck.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I finally had time to go to the Sprint store and worked with the manager.  She gave me a new Exclaim (my third one).  It has the new software on it that she says will take care of the issues I have been having.  My previous Exclaim would not install the software update.  So far so good.  She said if I had any further problems she would put in a different phone all together.  I actually like the Moment, but will be happy if my Exclaim keep working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went to the Sprint store on Saturday.  It took over an hour but they did the upgrade.  It seems to have solved the text message issue.  But my phone still won't do the one-click upgrade.  As soon as they gave it back to me and I got in the car it prompted me to do the one-click and then it failed to perform it properly.

Highlighted
Wizard

I ordered on the 25th and received the Exclaim on the 26th.  I do not know if this phone have the latest software upgrade or not.  When was the last software upgrade release for this phone?  Not sure when this phone that I have right now was made and when it was installed with the software at the time.  I did go thru everything with the upgrade parts and I either had installed upgrades or no upgrade available.  For the upgrades that I had installed on my own, it was nowhere near 70 minutes.

The only maddening issue that I have with this phone at this time is the Picture Mail.  What kind of a joke is Sprint playing with us?!  When I send a picture to an email address, I intend to send the picture to the email address.  This does not mean that I want it uploaded to My Pictures then forward the link to the email address with a link to the picture.  It is pathetically stupid!

There is a local news station here in OKC that uses ScribbleLIVE on their site as community involvment to post and discuss state and national news, including weather.  My previous phone, I could send pictures to them posted directly for others to view.  Now, with this Exclaim, the people on the site have to click on the link to My Pictures.... >_<  UNACCEPTABLE!

The only other option that I can have a picture posted directly without having it to go thru My Pictures is by email.  But the downside of that is... When I add an attachment to the email, it only bring up the phone generated file names of those pictures and that is hard to know which picture I want to send!  Additionally, when I go thru My Albums on the phone, see which picture I want to send, then Options > Send, I only get the -via Picture Mail- or -via Bluetooth- with no option for email. OMG!!!

That's the only screwed up part that I have right now with this phone.  My Pictures is suppose to be for the UPLOAD option!!!  It is not to be used when I send pictures to an email address.  I do not want people to be clicking on a link to the My Pictures account on sprint.com and I do not want people to be seeing whatever other pictures I may have on My Pictures that is not intended for them.

SPRINT ARE YOU READING THIS?!?!?!?!?!  You better get this fixed!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone would not upgrade remotely, just like the Miller’s would not.  I had to take it to the store and let them do the upgrade.  It took a super long time.  I don’t know when the last upgrade was released.  My phone was purchased in Aug. of 2009.  If your phone does all the firmware and one-clicks on its own then you should be straight.  But if it does not you will eventually need to take it to the store.  If you just got your phone, you should know after about one month of use if it has bugs in it (not shutting off, not getting texts, not saving your sent texts, getting error messages with every text, etc.)  As for the picture mail, Sprint has always done their picture mail that way—for about four years or more.  But their new online interface for downloading pics sucks.  You have to save them to your PC one at a time.  Who ever thought that was a good idea is truly ridiculous.

Wizard

And no one complain for 4 years?!  This is outrageous!  It's the only carrier that I know of to do something pathetic like this.  Seriously, I send my pictures to where I want it to go does not mean it should go to My Pictures.  Only time I want a picture to go to My Pictures is when I want to UPLOAD to there.  Sprint has this totally backward and is such a pain!

Yes, I can do upgrades just fine.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also found that you cannot have picture mail sent to you that plays any type of video or sound as it only plays the sound for about 30 seconds per "sprint help desk" it was a design flaw. I also can't use the 'fn' for the upper items on the keyboard well as it wants to either not work or not stop if it does work! I don't like it and I am ready for a new phone.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat