cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Wizard

Re: SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Yeah, I can't send or upload normal length video.  This is bad and I'm wasting money to pay for something that does not work.  There are days of emergency where I'd like to video these things and send to a news station.  This is very sad.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought 2 Exclaims & they do all that they say they are supposed to.People need to remember that these devices are small computers & if u have a problem there is usually a fix for it.My computers at home act up sometimes but the fix is relatively simple.I think these phones,all kinds of cell phones,sometimes need to be shut off to reset then they will work OK.That has been my experiance so far.When my phone did something really odd or failed to work as It was supposed to I turn it off then back on & it is OK.While playing with all the functions I was able to mess it up,but the "off-on" fix worked several times.After I learned how to use the phone correctly everything has been stellar since.I think these are very good phones.

Highlighted
Wizard

When I got the phone on March 26th, I do not think I had turned it off since then.   Yesterday, when sliding it open, the screen went white.  I kept pressing that red END button and finally got back to the screen.  After reading the above post, I had just rebooted the phone just in case.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Razr Ve20 Isn't Any Better I'm Leaving Sprint For Verizon After July 27 2011..... Will Miss Sprint though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lets do it!! I've had so many problems with my phone and I continue to call Sprint and visit my local repair and they claim they've never encountered the problem. Im DISGUSTED with the cover-up and the lack of effort to actually fix the problem.  I agree Sprint needs to do something to satisfy unsatisfied customers especially when they know they are marketing defective phones!! How can I get on the petition?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow.  I got my Exclaim Around August as well....but I haven't hadany large issues so far. I've had some calls and texts not go through, but I always thought that was because the signal sucks where I live, so...

Oh, and I don't like the ringtones on it, and it won't allow me to use the songs I put on it as Ringtones instead.  I know my friend's phone allows her to do it...but she also doesn't use Sprint.  Maybe it's a sprint thing...but I hate it.  They don't even have the music I like avaliable for me to purchase, so that really ticks me off.

But so far, no huge problems for me...although seeing this has put me on the lookout for any potential problems.  If I have any, I'll be sure to let you know!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know how you all feel. Now my Exclaim will not let me log into Facebook, after months of having to enter the username and password EVERY TIME I want to go to the mobile site, then having to enter it multiple times before I can actually get logged in. While my friends can update and post with their Team Mobile phones all around me.

This Exclaim has me considering just paying the early termination fee and just leaving Sprint for somehwere with better customer service. Tired of trying to fix porblems on a DEFECTIVE product.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have many of the problems listed above. Got this phone in February and now I am stuck with it till feb 2011!!! I have never had a problem with a Sprint phone untill I got the Exclaim! It took more than three months to get the one click update to install!!! Facebook and Myspace login forms do NOT work!!! Text Messages are not always recieved by recipiant when I send them a text! Photo Texts do not always work! Some can not be opened and some can not be read! The phone is also incapable of multitasking! When I wish to send a text and someone is sending me a text or photo text the gives me a busy message saying it is a recieving an incoming message! The phone drops reception all the time! Of course I find out about most of these problems AFTER the all too short 30 day guarantee!!! This phone is garbage!!!  I guess that's what I get for 'Free'!!!!

I've been a customer since 99. The fact that sprint won't let a longtime customer switch to another phone after recieving a lemon is bs!!! Now I have to take the phone to a sprint store to have them look at it according to a sprint tech rep I spoke to...so off I go tomorrow with my ticket number and my defective Exclaim!

I want out of this phone and to be put into something better!!!! I'll pay the difference within reason and even start over on my contract term if necessary. I just want a BETTER phone from sprint!

I'm interested in signing the recall Petition. Please pm me the link on Facebook. Thanx!

Message was edited by: njbango

Highlighted
Journeyman

I purchased 2 Exclaims in November as our Christmas presents. My husbands has not given a moments worth of trouble and mine has been a lemon since week 1. I took it back to orignal store I purchased the phones from on week 2 and they installed an upgarde. I was assured that they had fixed the problem. I then took it back in on week 4 to learn I was a few days over the 30 day guarentee and I was now stuck with my LEMON Exclaim. Two days ago I received the black screen of death and must purchase new phone. I already paid full price for both phones. Sprint and Samsung needs to replace these lemons free of charge!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I  was very glad to prove to my husband through finding this thread that I have not abused my phone in any way. He just got lucky wih his Exclaim.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The phone is definately DEFECTIVE!!! I took my first Exclaim to the Sprint store a few days ago and after checking back with them a day later they told me the device was in fact defective and they would get me a new one. So Friday I pick up my new Exclaim and was told to charge the battery before using so I charged it while at work for several hours and the phone never charged. I charged it again at home for several hours and the phone will not charge. The 'Exclaim'  welcome screen keeps coming on periodicly and then reverts back to charging. But never actually completes charging. The phone can not even be turned on so I basicly got a 'rock' in place of a previously dective phone(which is which sprint can figure out!) This caused me a lot of problemns because I need my phone for work and I couldn't use it. The Instinct I was using in place of the Exclaim had been switched back to the new Exclaim and I didnt get to switch back to the instinct until after I got home from work. Even that process did not go well as this Sprint website is a disaster!(but that's another rant for another day.)  A sprint tech helped me activate the instinct via chat. I told him about what I was going through with the Exclaim and why I had to reactivate the instinct yet again and he told me I can now exchange the defective (second) Exclaim for a completely different phone. So come Saturday I will be returning the 'rock' to the sprint store and choosing something different and hopefully better than this ordeal! After all the gas I have used making trips to the sprint store I hope they hook me up!!!

So keep complaining about your defective Exclaim, people! If you continuously contact sprint and post about it here on the forums you will get your defective phone replaced with another acceptable device! Having to wait 3 or 4 replacements for a defective device is unexceptable!!! I am glad I only had to go through one replacement before I was allowed to replace my 2nd defective device with a different phone.

Off to the store later....will update my progress after I return.

KEEP THE FAITH!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had my phone for about a year and it was great at first. Then it started having problems with it. It is over heating, problems with text messages, dropped calls, software loading but never working like they say it will. I personally hope that when I go into the store soon that they will fix it or give me a different phone. I hate the Exclaim. And the Rumor 2 is horrible too.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat